Mac offers seamless user experience and numerous useful utilities built-in to help you keep your system in good health. These built-in utilities help you deal with almost all performance issues on your Mac.
If you are one of those Mac users who use certain programs like Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop, and Final Cut Pro, then you may have encountered problem specific to these programs.
This error is called Scratch disk is full.
If you have encountered this problem recently and you are on this post for the solution, then as a quick brief we have mentioned certain built-in utilities and features to help you fix this problem manually.
A Quick Solution
If you don’t want to follow manual process to fix the problem and clean the Mac, then use best Mac cleaner & optimization tool called TuneupMyMac for instant solution. We have discussed more about this tool later in the article.
What is Scratch Disk?
Scratch disk is your hard drive space that is used by certain programs such as Photoshop as virtual memory. This virtual memory is used by the program when there is not sufficient RAM storage available to complete the task.
If you are using Photoshop on your Mac, then it allows you to assign multiple scratch disks on your system that ensures it gets sufficient space at its disposal. When Photoshop performs a heavy-duty task, it generates lot of project temp files on your system occupying valuable system resources. Over time when the space is fully occupied on the assigned disk (scratch disk), you will encounter Scratch disks are full on Mac issue.
Best Ways to Fix Scratch Disks are Full on Mac
To fix Photoshop Scratch Disk Full Mac issue, you can use certain built-in features & utilities. Let’s discuss more how to do it?
Clear Photoshop Cache
The first thing you can do is to clear your Photoshop cache. While Photoshop comes loaded with built-in feature to delete specific Photoshop cache files, sometimes it doesn’t clear all cache files completely. Now you need to clear these cache files manually. To do this, follow below mentioned steps:
- Open Photoshop.
- From Edit menu hover your mouse over “Purge” option.
- Here, you will find 4 options i.e. Undo, Clipboard, Histories, and All. If you find some option greyed out, then it is already been deleted by the program.
- Now you can select any of these options to delete individually. You can also select All to clear all your cache files.
- Here, it will warn that purge can’t be undone, so ensure you don’t require previous version of one of your projects and click OK.
If you find cleaning up cache files manually a cumbersome job, then we suggest you should use best Mac cleaner & optimization tool called TuneupMyMac. It helps you clear your disk storage and helps you boost your overall system performance. You can use this powerful solution to clean all junk files effortlessly. Here, is what TuneupMyMac has to offer you:
- Working as a system cleaner tool, it helps you clean all junk files to free up valuable disk space and optimize your Mac for better performance.
- You can use this tool to find and clean all system and user cache files automatically to save your time.
- Its logs cleaner feature helps you clean all unnecessary log files on your system.
- Its App Optimizer feature helps you clean all associated junk of apps on your device to optimize your apps for better performance. It also helps you uninstall unnecessary apps to recover valuable disk space.
- Its Duplicate Finder tool helps you find & delete all duplicate files on your Mac.
- It helps you remove and manage startup items using Startup Apps feature.
- Additionally, it helps you keep your online privacy intact, clean large files, shred files permanently, and more.
Optimize Disk Space
Mac offers built-in feature to help you view and optimize your disk storage. You can check it under Apple menu > About This Mac> Storage tab. Here, you can click on Manage button to view, manage, and remove all unnecessary files & programs to optimize your Mac for better performance.
So, this was a quick review of how to fix Scratch Disks are full on Mac issue. Do try them and feel free to share your experience in the comments below.
Gajendra Singh is working at Systweak, as an Digital Marketing Executive. His potential of writing is PC tips, Android and Mac and Windows software tricks and he is anxious in writing other technical blogs like