The purpose of this article is not to start another debate on Androids vs iPhones, in fact, it is simply trying to shine a light on a few common problems that iPhone users can face and what they can do to deal with the problem. No phone is entirely perfect, every operating system has its own set of advantages and disadvantages, and if you happen to enjoy the features offered by iPhones, then that is your prerogative.
Some of the issues we will be talking about below can easily be dealt with on your own as long as you know what to do, however, for some problems, you will need to call in experts to repair your iPhone for you, and if you do not know where to go, then you do not have to look any further than the experts at breakfixnow for all of your repair and maintenance needs.
- One issue that you might come across with your iPhone, especially after you might have dropped it, is a failing LCD screen. You can see this in a number of ways, ranging from lots of cracks along with the screen to black spots on your screen, stretches of dark lines and so on. This is a sign of your pixels exploding, and when this starts happening, it can end up affecting your ability to see the screen properly or use the touch screen. This is where you will need to get the screen replaced with a new one.
- Similarly, if you have older iPhone models, then your home button can also be vulnerable to damage, especially after falling. This will end up making it impossible for you to switch to the home screen properly, and ultimately upset the entire purpose of the home button.
- Batteries are another problem area when it comes to iPhones. We are all aware of the scandal that broke out about how Apple is purposely making our old devices operate slower after the launch of every new iPhone model. So, you will have to differentiate between a battery that is actually impaired and a battery that is actually being throttled by the company. You can make use of different battery apps on the market that can check your battery’s status and let you know whether any kinks are being used to throttle your iPhone. However, the best way to do this is to simply go to an Apple store and have them check your phone and then let you know whether or not your battery needs to be repaired or replaced.
Apart from these major issues, IPhones can also run into smaller issues or problems, and a lot of these can be easily dealt with on your own since they are quick fixes. These problems can include:
- Some iPhone users are not getting notifications about new updates, and this ends up slowing the performance of their phones. One way you can deal with this problem is to connect your iPhone to your PC, and then force it to restart. This causes your iPhone to go into recovery mode, so when you do restart it again, it will show you the update option. Of course, if this does not work either, then you will have to take your iPhone to either and apple store or any other place that offers to fix services and have them look at your phone.
- Losing data can become a nightmare for any phone user. Thankfully, Apple does allow you to back up your data to iCloud. So, even if you do lose data on your phone, you should be able to recover it from iCloud. However, if it is not there either, then you need to get to an apple store and have them inspect your iPhone and see what might have gone wrong and let you know whether or not the data you lost can be retrieved.
- If you have managed to drop your phone in water, it is strongly advised to avoid turning it on for at least 24 hours. This is to prevent potential permanent water damage to your iPhone. The first thing you should do is to take our phone out, and then try to dry it. You need to make sure that your phone is thoroughly dry, so take a few tissues and make sure to clean your entire iPhone. You can manually remove and take out parts and then individually dry them as well if you know how to. Keeping your phone submerged in dry rice overnight can also help take out any lingering moisture inside your iPhone. If you are still unsure about what to do afterward, you can take your iPhone to a service center and have them take a look at it, or you can give it to some other iPhone repair service.