There could be numerous reasons you would like to keep certain images secret on your device. If you are considering the options to hide images on your Android phone, then this article is meant for you.
Here, we have discussed two different methods to do this. Under the first method, you can hide images following manual steps, and in the second method, you can use third-party tools to do this. Let’s discuss how you can do this in an instant manner.
Use Manual Method: Under manual method to hide images on your Android device, follow these steps.
- Create a new folder on your device and name it with a period (.) following the file name. For example .hidefiles
- Now move all those files that you want to hide to this folder.
Here, this folder will not be visible in your app tray. Thus, your files remain hidden on your Android device.
To view these hidden files, select “Show hidden files” option in settings.
Use third-party tools
Keep Photos Secret: Use this powerful solution to hide your personal images in an effortless manner. Working on smart algorithms, it helps you secure both your personal photos & videos. Once you move your images to this app, it will prompt you to delete images from the original location. This is one of the most effective features of this app that ensures security of your private photos.
Features of Keep Photos Secret
Double Layer Security: This is next best feature of Keep Photos Secret that sets two layers of security to protect your personal data. Here, it helps you set dual password for extra security. The first password helps you lock main app and the second password helps you lock photo albums.
Fingerprint Unlock: In addition to offering PIN or passcode, it also supports fingerprint unlock option to save your time.
Local Storage: App keeps all your data on local storage on your device and doesn’t move it to cloud servers. Thus, your data remain in your reach and possibilities of data breach become negligent.
Passcode Recovery: In case you forget your password, app sends you an email to help you recover the password.
Stealth Mode: Under this feature, the app will disappear from recent apps list on your device so that no one tracks your activities.
In other features, app allows you to email photos, create multiple photo albums, import/export from gallery, copy hidden photos, and more.
Private Photo Vault: Private Photo Vault come loaded with tons of useful features to keep your photos secret. You can also use this tool to keep your videos hidden from prying eyes. This smart solution is also available on iOS devices. Here, it helps password protect your entire app or individual photo albums as per your needs. Using this smart tool, you can create your own personal photo locker for effective security.
Features of Private Photo Vault
- It sends you break-in reports where it will secretly take a photo of intruder and record phone’s current GPS location.
- It offers decoy password option that helps you create secondary password for people who are curious to know what is in the photo vault. With this password, they will see entirely new set of photos.
- It offers easy photos management with features like email photos, custom album covers, photo slideshow, and more.
- In addition to secret photo vault, it also offers secret video vault to keep your videos safe.
Photo Lock App: Use this free and effective tool to keep your photos and videos secret. Once you move your private photos to Photo Lock App, you don’t need to worry while sharing your device with anyone. It offers numerous useful features in addition to hiding photos & videos.
Features of Photo Lock App
- App offers safe browsing feature where you can download photos & videos that will be saved in the app itself.
- In addition to keeping your photos & videos hidden, it also helps you lock your apps.
- It supports fingerprint unlock feature in addition to passcode.
- It offers fake vault feature, that could be used to trick others with fake photos and password.
- In other features, it offers share to hide, stealth mode, fake cover, intruder selfie, face down lock, and more.
So, this was a quick solution to hide your private photos on Android device. If you have some suggestion, feel to free to comment in the section below.
Metadata: In this article, we have discussed two quick ways to hide your photos on Android device. It includes manual method and using third-party apps. Let’s discuss it here.