When it comes to a feature-rich and cloud-based platform, then most of the organizations prefer to work with Microsoft Office 365. To carry out data management and communication tasks, people like to work with Office 365 due to its high-performance and advanced security. Sometimes, the need arises to migrate data from Office 365 Tenant to Office 365 Tenant. Basically, a Tenant is the container for an organization in which all the data related to SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams is present. When a user wants to switch from one Office 365 Tenant to Office 365 Tenant, one has to migrate all the data associated with it. Thus, to make it seamless for users, we are going to introduce an instant yet reliable way to migrate Office 365 Tenant to Tenant.
“Recently, my organization decided to switch from one Office 365 tenant to another Tenant. However, the major issue was that we only want to migrate emails associated with the user mailbox, admin mailbox, and the attached domain in spite of migrating complete data. So, I want to know is there any way using which the company can transfer only specific email data to the new Office 365 tenant without any data loss issue. Please suggest me an instant and reliable way to implement the task.”
Migrate Office 365 Tenant to Office 365 Tenant
In this section, we are going to explain how one can migrate data from Office 365 tenant to another Office 365 tenant. One can use Office 365 Tenant to Office 365 Tenant migration tool to migrate data from Office 365 Tenant to Office 365 Tenant, one can easily move Office 365 admin mailbox, users mailbox, shared mailbox from one Office 365 tenant to another Office 365 account/domain. Moreover, the user can also export only email data from admin mailbox, user mailbox, the attached domain in just a few clicks.
Before performing Office 365 Tenant to Office 365 Tenant Migration via the tool, the user needs to follow some steps suggested by Microsoft.
- Preparation and Licensing of Domain
- Increase the licensing in target tenant of Office 365. It is necessary so that the mailbox of source tenant can be merged to target tenant
- Creation of the account of all the admins in both target and source tenants. It is very beneficial while merging two tenants of Office 365
- Preparation of Source Domain
- By using Lync admin portal, remove all the licenses of Lync in source tenant
- Set the default email ids on the mailbox of the source domain
- Now, reset whole email addresses on all resources, rooms and distribution lists to an initial domain in source tenant
- Preparation of Target Domain
- The user has to configure a new domain in target tenant for AD FS while using AD FS
- Initiate the activation of the target domain and assign all licenses to a new account of the end user
- Set up the source domain as the primary email address
- Enter the password on each mailbox in the target domain, if the users are not accessing AD FS or password sync feature
- Test by checking the mail flow to or from the new mailboxes in the target domain
- For Attached Domains
- Migrate Domain users emails between Office 365 tenant
- Detach domain from Office 365 source tenant
- Attach domain in from Office 365 destination tenant
- Transfer data into destination tenant to the destination domain
To migrate emails associated with admin mailbox, user mailbox, attached domain from one Office 365 tenant to another Office 365 tenant via this tool, the user need to follow the step-by-step process explained below.
- First of all, install and launch SysTools Office 365 Express Migrator on your system and launch it
- Select With Impersonation option by clicking on the radio next to it. Also, enter the Source and Target admin account credentials and click on the Login button
- The software will begin to verify both the accounts. Next, you have to click on Import CSV option, to select the CSV file containing the mailbox ids that are required to implement the migration process
- Click on the Next button. In the Select Categories, you can select Mails, Calendars, Tasks, Contacts as per your requirements. To export Mails, Calendars, and Tasks according to date, one can apply Date Filter
- You can make use of Folder Mapping and Include Folder(s) option according to your needs
- Finally, click on the Export button, the tool begins the migration process
- After the completion of the migration process, the software will generate an export report. You can save the export report for future requirements
Finally, you will be able to access data of old Office 365 tenant to the new Office 365 tenant.
When a user needs to migrate data from Office 365 Tenant to Office 365 Tenant, then it becomes a challenging task. To make it hassle-free for all the users, we have discussed a step-wise approach to perform Office 365 tenant to Office 365 tenant migration. The user can rely on automated tool to migrate data from Office 365 tenant to Office 365 tenant without any data loss and security breach issue.