The iOS 13 and iPhone 11 launch date is around the corner, 19 September 2019, and it is Apple’s way of bringing the update to your existing iPhone, even if you don’t plan or think of upgrading to a new device.
When it releases on 19 September, Thursday – one day before the official launch date of the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro series, your old iPhone will update for the better.
Undoubtedly, the iOS 13 acted as the second twiddle in the range of new hardware at Apples launch event – even the official release date was not declared on stage. But, it will be a thundering news ASAP.
This is only possible because new iOS 13 features are approaching to a lot of new iPhones in the market, especially for every iPhone commencing after iPhone 6s. A huge range of people is going to get benefit from it – iPhone user to iOS app developer.
You must be thinking what are iOS 13 new accomplishments? Is it worth the value to jump over hoops and grab iOS 13 early? Actually, it all depends on how eagerly you want to experience the “new dark mode”.
Dark Mode is the new extraordinary features of iOS in 2019. It had turned the table for those white bright background screens switched with dark and Grey hues, which make it easy to read at night. It’s a big difference in your day-to-day and night-to-night iPhone use.
Moreover, the new “QuickPath Swipe” is the limelight too. Besides, the new approaches to edit photos have made open lightroom not less. It is far more compatible and powerful to the native video and photo editing tools of iOS 12.4.
The Much Awaited Launch Date:
- iOS 13 Launch Date: 19 September 2019, Thursday
- iOS 13 Golden Master Version: It’s available for Beta tester
- iPad OS arrives A Little Late: 30 September, Monday
The official iOS 13 launch is on 19 September, Thursday, a day before the official iPhone 11 launch. Approximately, after a little difference of three months of the launch of the first beta in which we got to test the software.
The release of iOS 13 is a little late than actual. As Apple holds the record of launching its OS and updates on Monday or Tuesday following the iPhone launch event.
iOS 13 Compatibility Test
- iOS 13 jells with iPhone 6s or later edition, iPad Air 2 or later, the new iPad mini 4 and iPhone SE.
- It won’t be approachable to older devices that act as the fulcrum to iOS 12 – iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad mini 2, iPad Air and iPad mini 3.
In clear words, iOS 13 compatibility requires an iPad or iPhone from the last 4 years. (Depending upon the category)
iPhone 11 Specifications to Exclusive Features Of iOS 13
- Pressing photo shutter button captures video.
- Camera User Interface buttons/wheel toggle between telephoto and ultra-wide angles.
- Wide-angle selfie in landscape mode with the front camera, 4K60fps video and “Slofies”.
While everyone, especially iPhone app developer thought they knew about iOS 13 in June, but it turns the odds to the other side knowing about the new features for the latest launch iPhone 11 phones.
While, iPhone 11,11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro max are all about new cameras, the software iOS 13 drifts itself to the ultra wide lens and special night mode. With inception of the latest launch, swapping between the cameras lens is a hassle free task, accompanied with quick taps or a wheel of transition for zoom-in and zoom-out prospect.
Nevertheless, pressing the familiar shutter button in iOS 13 records video, parallel to the Instagram User Interface and Snapchat. And moreover, Apple claims its latest launch to provide the best and finest quality video ever available on a smartphone.
So, that’s why it’s paying more focus on how easy it is easy to shoot photos and videos. While any other iPhone running iOS 13 captures burst photos on holding down the shutter button.
Similarly, the front TrueDepth camera on iPhones 11 phone nab ultra-wide-angle selfie when held in the landscape orientation and even record up-to 4k videos.
Surely, being the boiling point of everyone older than millennial age, you will be soon starting with “Slofies”. Whether hate it or love it, the exclusive iPhone 11 specification iOS 13 features seize the epic-loving slo-mo video that too from the front camera.
It works wonder if you have long hair to capture in the video.
- “Face Time Attention Correction” – iOS 13 Feature
Now, that’s an interesting call. This time “ Face Time “ comes with “ Attention Correction ”.
What is it’s work?
It works in order as if you appear to look straight into the front-facing camera while you are staring at the adjacent screen during the face time call.
With the inception of this new feature “ distracted looks “ are a thing of the past.
- “The New iOS Dark Mode”
The new “Dark Mode” in the new iOS 13, means changing the hues from bright and white hues to dark Grey and Black hues on all the supported devices.
It is a must-have feature for the iPhone aficionados to use in dark without white hues shinning at your face. Moreover, it saves the iPhones battery that has OLED screens. Of course, Apple didn’t discuss it but everyone knows OLED displays essentially “switches off” pixels when rendering Black.
According to Apple, iOS 13 Dark Mode can be “turned on” in the control center inside the Display slider or can be custom set or automatically scheduled to turn on in the night.
- iOS 13 Journey – “ iPads To iPadOS”
Apple is going ahead to offer iPad its own platform.
The biggest change for iPad in iOS 13 will be known as iPadOS. This points towards the advancement in how iPad works, starting with the home screen design. As forecasted, in iOS 13 rumors you can add widgets from Today’s view screen (The left-side mode screen on your iPad and iPhone).
By now, it is iPad exclusive and even not come to iOS 13 for iPhones.
- The Slide Over feature provides you with convenience to open numerous apps and swipe them over like Rolodex. Even, it’s multi-tasking is made a lot easier with a swipe gesture.
- Split View enables to open the same app on both sides of the screen. Now, you can pair one app with more than one app – this means Safari can be paired with mail and Safari can be paired with pages in one space.
- App Expose is the new in. It let you have an outlook for all of the space you have open.
- New cut, copy and paste Gestures scrunching three fingers down is for copying text, expanding three fingers in opposite direction drops the text and sliding three fingers across the page undo the last action.
- New Floating Keyword is Apple’s keyboard floating around the screen in a smaller size and is debuting a swapping gesture keyboard, called “QuickPath Typing”.
- “The QuickPath Keyboard”
Apple’s default QuickType Keyboard will be inculcating swipe-to-type, a well-known way of sliding through the keyboard to build words. They have been earlier used in iOS keyboard extensions like Swiftkey and Google’s GBoard.
The Quicktype and QuickPath methods can be used interchangeably with a lot of languages supported like – English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Simplified Chinese, and Portuguese.
- Debut Of “Find My App”
The wedding of “Find My Friends” and “Find My iPhone” comes in iOS 13 and this amalgamation let you trace your near ones and missing gadget a lot easier and faster.
If the question still ponders what iOS app developers expect from iPhone 11 or iOS 13?
Well, I have got the answer!
The find process is solely dependent on crowd-sourced encryption Bluetooth signal to help you trace down devices that are not connected with Wi-Fi and cellular data. That proves to be a boon for Macs user, and sometimes prove helpful for iPhones too.
- Transformation Of Older iPhone – Faster & Lasts Longer
Many iPhone users are still stuck onto their older version – and that is something Apple is working to accelerate iOS 13 to accommodate them.
The uttermost important iOS 13 stats are:
- App launch speed gets twofold.
- FaceID opening will be 30% faster
- Apple found a way to make app download smaller, estimated by 60%.
As a Highlight: Apple is focusing on battery life by reducing the time iPhone spends fully charged. The latest launch iOS 13 will learn from your daily charging schedule so that it can finish charging past 80% until the next use.
- Reminders Get A Face lift
The “Reminder” has got a big overhaul among all the built-in apps. It’s more streamlined and consists of shortcuts that make it a lot easier to add reminders.
Bigger than earlier, color-oriented buttons for Today, scheduled and flagged categories provides you a better preview of your tasks. While the in-built keyboard of this app has a top-line quick toolbar that presides with shortcuts to add locations, times, photos, dates, flags and many other things.
Planning trips in the messages?
Siri will sneak in to suggest the reminder same as like a personal virtual assistant who chimes at the right time.
- Camera Mode Update – Portrait
Ios 13 brings the mandatory changes for the camera.
- Changing the intensity in Portrait mode.
- Invention of “High – Key Mono” – the new Portrait monochromatic effect.
- The photo album is now “a dairy of your life” with choosing the best photo of the day, week, month.
- Lastly, if you are not good with video tinkering, there is an option “Auto” adjustment button.
- Siri Sound More Natural
With iOS 13 inception, a new Siri voice commences. Now it’s more natural and less robotic. It uses advanced neural text-to-speech technology, and the difference is notable when Siri speaks longer phrases.
This is the right time, as Siri can do a lot of more talking if you are wearing your earpods like – reading incoming messages and pipe them out from the buds, I think it is a convenient option.
The much-awaited perk – The voice assistant on Homepod can define the difference between family member’s voices. Supposedly, if you are asking “ what is on 21 December 2019” won’t bring someone else information to you.
- Memoji – Emoji Gets Makeup
Popularly known as “emoji” is now Apple’s Memoji (Emoji + Me). With one trillion configuration – new hairstyle, piercing, accessories, makeup, headgear, etc are some categories to list.
Memoji sticker is something worth waiting and iOS 13 brings more iPhone and iPad to the memoji category. Even, you or hire the iOS app developer that can customize a memoji and further iOS 13 will automatically create a fun-looking sticker pack that dwells in a sub-menu on the keyboard, which can be used in messages and third-party apps.
- An Advance HomePod Feature
HomePod is an iOS family member and it has also got the iOS 13 update.
- First, you can send songs from iPhone to HomePod speaker by just holding the phone near to it.
- Now, it has a live Radio feature – simply ask Siri to play a respective Radio station across the globe.
- Lastly, HomePod can help you differentiate who is talking in your family and personalize the response.
- Signing In With Apple
Apple is now taking the Facebook connect, Google and many other platforms that authorize you to sign-in conveniently to third-party accounts.
Don’t worry, about security. Apple is poised to protect your data more than Google and Facebook.
What’s more is that if you are not in the mood to fork your mail with the website or in the lookout to hire mobile app developer, Apple will build an email for you and that email will be specially kept for that app and website.
- Restored Maps
Do you hate iOS Maps?
iOS 13 maps make a better choice if everyone used to shun it.
Now, there are more detailed specifications for the maps as Apple is rebuilding it from the ground level. Favorites were also a part earlier – while iOS 13 is making the saved location easier to reach with just a tap.
- Automatic Silence For Unknown Calls
The calls that prove to be a continuous pain in the neck drive us all crazy. But, iOS 13 got the solution.
With the help of Siri, which scans your emails, messages, contacts to look for any prior contact with the caller. If no record found, it silences the unknown call sound being fairly smart. The number that does call you, and are not in your “VIP List” will end up in the voicemail.
- Wi-Fi & Bluetooth From Control Center
Now, this is called “Big”.
As everyone was waiting for it from the last few years, now you have the option to connect to Wi-Fi networks and Bluetooth accessories straight from the control center.
Android includes this feature for years now and had made it convenient to connect to Bluetooth devices (earpods, other smart devices) and new Wi-Fi networks without leaving your current app and lunging into deep five sub-setting menus.
Apple is re-inventing it in iOS 13.
Putting The Lid On… Which iOS 13 feature you would like to see in your app?