Google Play Store has been a comprehensive source to download plenty of desired secure apps which are installed by android users and used for some vital purpose in day to day life, not only apps but Google Play Store lets you download original content ranging from entertaining games to movies and a lot of books. Also, you can download games and win rewards easily and get cool stuff from PrizeHog, you can earn money and get credit points!
Every android device is incomplete without its Google Play Store because there is no other great platform to get original apps. But did you know our beloved Google Play Store is not limited to downloading apps?
Yes, Besides Top charts and Categories there are many tricks and tips which are unknown to the world which could make our tech life easier in managing the apps
Let Us Discuss 6 Tips and Tricks which are Life Savior:
1. Backup Your Previously Installed Apps
Have you ever purchased a new android device but want to install all the useful apps that were placed on the previous device without keeping track of them?
Google play store has an option of backup and restores where your app data gets stored in Google drive i.e., 25 MB of installed app data, contacts, call logs, etc.
Before you use this privilege of backup, make sure that the option of backup and restore is enabled on your device.
Here’s how you can enable from the settings on the home screen:
- Go to Settings from the home screen
- Tap on System
- Select backup
- Select backup to Google drive
- Make sure to have a Google account.
- App data is saved
Whenever you log in to the newly purchased device with the same previous account on which the data was stored, you get an option of installing previous apps, then proceed to install all the apps, and your home screen is again filled with some useful apps.
2. Save Your Mobile Internet Data by Changing Settings
There might be a situation where you are concerned about your internet data package and may try to save data while installing or updating apps through Wi-Fi because some large app updates may consume more data and end up to finishing your data usage limit then this may lead to many other loss in your work or business.
So the solution is to change the general settings of app download preferences, auto-update apps, and auto-play videos which are by default set to consume your data without your permission, here we can change the preferences.
To achieve this tap on the Google play store app and proceed to settings section then to general settings and you can find three options named,
- App download preference > change to over Wi-Fi only.
- Auto-update apps > change to don’t auto-update apps.
- Auto-play videos > change to don’t auto-play videos.
By changing the default preferences to the settings as mentioned above, the data can be saved with your permission and control.
3. Install Android apps on your Chromebook
You can anytime download and use android apps on your Chromebook using the Google play store app. Firstly few steps are to be followed to install android apps on Chromebook, so few steps are
- Make sure that you have updated your Chromebook software
- Look for the Google play store if the OS provides it.
- Tap on Google play store.
- Look for “Install apps and games from Google Play on your Chromebook”.
- If you don’t see this, your Chromebook doesn’t work with Android apps.
- In the window, select More.
- You’ll be prompted to agree to the Terms of Service. When you’ve read and approved, select” I Agree.”
- So, now, you can find it and download Android apps on your Chromebook.
4. Restrict Inappropriate App Downloads
There are some apps with some age restrictions and copyright, so these types of precautions are to be taken by parents towards their children who are under aged because this may lead to misuse of the apps on play stores like violence in action games and giving out location on dating apps accidentally.
So there is an option of a user controlling this type of issues by putting parental lock play store, we can do this by enabling the parental controls section in the user control area, for this you have to follow the steps
- First, open the Play Store and next open the menu.
- Go into the Settings
- Tap Parental controls
- Please change it to ON
- Set the parental lock pin code.
- Select the list of things that can be downloaded and restricted.
Once the restrictions are set, whenever your child tries to install some new inappropriate app, they have to enter the PIN to download unless that app won’t be downloaded.
5. Download apps from your PC
We can also download apps on your mobile device from the PC version of Google play store. It’s easy to do this by logging into your Google account on your PC and opening the play store, searching for the desired app, and installing it.
You will find a menu list containing all the devices that are connected using the same account, select the device on which the app has to be installed.
6. Customize Theme
If you are a user who doesn’t like using bright screens while surfing through the play store, then there is an option of changing themes based on your preference.
For this tap on play store and proceed to settings and then to theme, select Dark theme or leave it to set by battery saver.