The market in which we live is exhausted by people who pretend to be a “creative” in some way, designers, illustrators, marketers, and so many related careers, which require that creative vein that, to be frank, not all have it. I have seen how the lack of such a link, as it is created, is broken, causing the vicious circle of the common, boring and even absurd to invade an entire advertising campaign, a logo or any design.
These 7 steps are not definitive and/or exclusive for everyone, exceptions will always be there, and each creative has his way of working, of which I am sure, is that some can help you as much as they have helped me throughout my life. Career. Here we go:
- It has the necessary time: To get all your creative vein in this project there is a time you have to invest (Not always a design with little time will go as we want), tell your client what time you need. Do not fool yourself! Maybe this weekend you need to change the typography! Ask for the necessary time and do not kid yourself, time is elementary.
- Be clear about the concept: We are often contacted by people who ask us for a logo, a design, who want to make a campaign, but they do not have what we need. “CONCEPT”, you imagine that Coca-Cola send a Brief and say “I want an advertising campaign for December?”, We do not know the target, we do not know what kind of campaign, only “a campaign for December”, similar to “A fast logo”, “A Banner so much”, in the previous article he said that we were creative doctors for providing solutions that must be carried out, the problem is if the client arrives without concepts, but the other side of the coin is us who start to make a design without knowing what we are going to do, what is the history of the company, what is your branding, what is our target, etc., etc. Until you are clear about the conceptual part or think about approaching the computer.
- Build your brainstorm: Once we know the concept, what we are going to work on, we should continue to explore it around what we want to achieve, for example: We are going to create the logo for the corner shoe store and we already know how to what social class the store is running, what exactly we want to sell, the logic of the name; Now we are going to take all these ideas to a paper, where we start from the name of the store and we are placing all those words that can connect successively to our new brand, in the form of clouds, lines, as you want !, but do it , you will see how in a short time your brainstorming will be the north to open your mind, move on to another important step and even get you out of a mental block if it happens to you.
- First ideas and sketches: Going to the screen is a mistake, avoiding these steps and one of the reasons is because you are self-blocking and locking yourself up. Draw the concept, put it on a piece of paper, decide the elements you want it to have (You can guide your brainstorm) and see putting it on paper, between one sketch and another, no matter how many times you have to do it, and always a sketch can overcome, or help another, this will make the difference when you’re in front of the screen, you’ll know what you want!
- Go to the computer: You’re ready! It’s time to adapt all your time spent with that pencil and those pages of sketches to this fascinating part of the creative process, where new creative ideas, for sure you can think of because your mind is already more open than before. Plasma the design in your program, illustrator, InDesign, or the one that suits your project. In this step, if your design requires images, look for them and those that best suit the idea you have, save them, you still do not know which one you will be left with at the end.
- Compare and analyze: If you are not satisfied, take your final sketch and compare it, see what you can still fix or remove, what you did not adapt well, what is missing, the advantage of the steps before the computer is that you have everything there! Take a look again at your brainstorming. In this part often the so-called “mental blocks” occur and here the paper and pencil will be your faithful friends, if it suits you, go out for a while! And then come back, you can always make new sketches by embodying new ideas and reading or even adding more words to your brainstorming.
- Ask the opinion of some people nearby: It is not something you should do for each design, but we must confess that many times we are not so sure of our art in process and we should not lock ourselves but listen to other opinions. You do not have to search logo designs services Dubai expert in the field, in fact using people without design knowledge helps you to know how they are seeing it clearly, and they will ask you a question like: Why did you choose that photo? Or they will say to you that photo is amazing! I like that element! You will see that the opinion of one person will probably be the same of another, they almost always see the same thing that another saw and so you can correct, or, give yourself account of what you should leave in the design.