- Google rolls out and maintenance version of the second developer preview.
- Android 11 Developer Preview 2.1 brings bug fixes.
- It will be available on the Pixel family.
Back in last month, the Mountain View company Google rolled out the second developer preview of the upcoming Android operating system – Android 11 and that came with many bugs and issues. Well, the company is well aware about the same and now the company has rolls out software update and that is dubbed Android 11 developer preview 2.1, as the name suggests it is a maintenance version of the previous update and comes with bug fixes.
As I mentioned above, it is a maintenance version of the Android 11 second developer preview and that means it won’t have visual changes and new features on the board, as the company make changes to fix the problems of the software build. You can able to check out the complete changelog below.
- Fixed an issue where a crash would occur when long pressing to select an element within the recent apps overview.
- Fixed an issue where the status bar could crash in the background if its components weren’t all initialized yet.
- Fixed an issue where too many WindowTokens were created by SystemUI causing jankiness and dropped frames when navigating and scrolling apps.
- Fixed an issue where the Wear OS app could crash when trying to pair a Wear OS device.
- Fixed an issue where the Settings app could crash after tapping the search bar in the app.
The same can be installed on the Pixel family and that includes Pixel 2, Pixel 3, Pixel 3a, and Pixel 4 devices. Interested users can install the same with Android Flash Tool or sideload the OTA files or factory images.