Google provides a variety of services and Google Drive is one of the essential, as it enables users to save important files on the board. It is actually a cloud-based storage setup and it enables users to save their important files on the platform and this helps users to save storage as well as to create a great backup for the important files.
Another advantage of Google Drive, it enables you to save any files or folder on the board and can able to access the same anywhere in the world using any device but you need to login with your Google account. Having said that, the files which you upload on the platform makes you the owner of the same and if you want to change the ownership of a particular file or folder due to your own reason then this article is meant for new. So without making any further delay let’s get into it to check out the way to transfer ownership of a file or folder on Google Drive.
Check out the way to transfer ownership of a file or folder in Google Drive
- First of all, open your Google Drive homepage.
- Now select the folder or file to transfer the ownership.
- Then you need to click on the drop-down menu and click on ‘Share‘.
- Now you need to provide a valid email address and click on the ‘Done‘ button.
- You need to click on the ‘Shared‘ button, and select the drop-down box for the person to whom you are transferring the ownership, then simply click on the ‘Make Owner’ option.
- Now you will get a confirmation popup, click on the ‘Yes‘ button.
So this is the way how you can able to change the ownership of a particular file or folder in Google Drive and if you find any issues then do let us know in the comments section below and we will be happy to help you.
Read interesting news, reviews as well as tips & tricks on TechnoBugg website, and stay updated with the latest happenings of the tech world on the go with Technobugg App. Also follow on Google News and join our Telegram channel for the latest updates.