If you have changed your router but not able to enjoy the fast internet, then you will need to reconnect the Netgear Wi-Fi Extender with the new router. Practically, the process is not very tricky, but it requires paying heed to the entire process so that the configuration takes place in the best manner.
Mainly, there are two ways to reconfigure the Netgear Wi-Fi extender using- Via WPS or through the Web GUI. This article will explain all the crucial steps.
The WEP wireless encryption is not supported by WPS and hence, you will need to check if the router’s wireless encryption is set to WEP or not. If yes, you will need to configure via the Web GUI. Also check out the top rated Wi-Fi Extenders to Boost Your Signal.
Connect Netgear_ext to the new router via WPS
- Press the WPS button on your router. Keep hold of this button for a few seconds. Once the WPS indicator blinks, the connection will start initiating.
- Within 1 minute, press and hold the extender button for a couple of seconds.
- Wait for the WPS indicator to cease flashing/blinking.
- Now, examine the status of the LED light on your Wi-Fi extender. If it is Turned ON, the connection is successful. Now you can connect your devices to Netgear_ext.
- If the LED light is OFF, there is some issue. Retry the process. If the issue is still there, it is the time to get the professional technical help.
Reconfigure Netgear extender to new router via Web GUI | www.mywifiext.net Setup page
This process is also very easy but ensure following these steps precisely.
- Firstly, you need to reset the Netgear extender. The reset button can be pressed using a pin.
- The extender will be rebooted and it is the time to connect the device to the default SSID.
- Open any web browser and you will be redirected to the mywifiext.net setup page. If not, manually type mentioned web address. If this web address is unable to open, type the default IP- 192.168.1.250 in the URL bar.
- Simply click the NEW EXTENDER SETUP button.
- You will be required to create a new account. Fill in the required fields accurately. Hit the NEXT button to continue.
- The available Wi-Fi networks will appear on the screen.
- Select your Router’s Wi-Fi network and hit NEXT button.
- You shall see the password field, enter the network password for the network you selected and again, hit NEXT.
- Set SSID and password of your new Netgear extender network. Hit NEXT button.
- The list of the networks will be displayed on screen. It is all set up to connect your wireless gadgets to the new extender Wi-Fi network. Carefully enter the SSID and Password that were set up earlier.
- Hit ‘continue’ in an attempt to finish the setup process.
- Hit the NEXT button and you will be directed to the registration process. If the device is already registered, hit Skip Registration option. You’re done!
Some points to consider to get best out of your Netgear Extender
Choose the ideal location to place your RangeXTD Wifi extender. The extender should be placed in the middle of the router and the nooks where the least network reaches.
- The middling signal strength can be improved if you remove all of the objects that are placed between the router and Wi-Fi range extender. These objects include wooden doors, windows, curtains and other hard materials that can absorb the signals.
- Make your network secure. Never use the same username as the network security key (password). Use some complex variations in your password.