Recently, the Mountain View company Google introduced Google Chat from Google Workspace to the free users of the platform and the feature enables users to keep in touch with all the contacts directly. It is worth mentioning that the new Google Chat is the successor of the Google Hangouts which was killed, and the the new feature is available inside the Gmail itself which means you guys are not required to download a separate app for the same. In this article, I will guide the way to enable the Google Chat feature in Gmail for both the Android as well as PC users. So without making any further delay let’s dive into the article to check out the way to enable the feature in your Gmail inbox.
How to enable Google Chat on your Android Smartphone/Tablet
The latest Google Chat tab can be easily enabled in the Gmail by following the steps below.
- First of all, you need to have the latest version of the Gmail app and if you didn’t update the application then go to the Google Play Store and update it right now.
- Now you need to tap on the three horizontal lines in the application.
- Now you need to find the ‘Settings‘ option and tap on your email account.
- Then scroll down and enable the option called the ‘Chat’ under the General section.
That’s it! You have successfully enabled the feature on your Android device.
How to enable Google Chat in Gmail application on your PC
- First of all, log in to your Gmail account and click on the ‘Settings‘ icon at the right corner of the screen.
- Now you need to click on the ‘See all settings’ option and select the ‘Chat and Meet’ tab.
- Under the chat option, enable the ‘Google Chat’ feature and click on the ‘Save Changes’ button.
- Now reload the page and now you have the new feature and you can able to chat with your near and dear ones.
We believe that this guide will help you to access the new feature and if you find any issues then do let us know in the comments section below and we will be happy to help you.
Read interesting news, reviews as well as tips & tricks on TechnoBugg website, and stay updated with the latest happenings of the tech world on the go with Technobugg App. Also follow on Google News and join our Telegram channel for the latest updates.