Time Machine is a great invention by Apple to facilitate the prevention of data loss for the mac users. It is a built-in data backup application found in all the Apple products which creates a data backup on an hourly basis. This hourly basis combines the backups into weekly, monthly and yearly form. This backup could be used by the user to recover data from the application and use it as usual.
However, this Time Machine Application is required to be set up only after which it starts backing the data up. In case a user has not synced the application before the data loss, he or she cannot restore the data using a Time Machine. This article will cover the other 2 methods of restoring the data which would not involve using a Time Machine application.
How to recover deleted files on Mac in the absence of the Time Machine Application?
As mentioned earlier, there are two main methods which could come in use in the absence of the Time Machine and the article shall further discuss both of them in detail.
METHOD 1: Recover the deleted files on Mac from the Trash folder
In case the user has not emptied the Trash folder after the deletion of the files, those files could be recovered from the Trash folder in the Mac. It is a piece of cake to do the said thing and here are the steps for the same:
- Double click on the Trash folder to open it on the screen.
- Locate the file in the Trash folder which the user wishes to recover.
- Right click on the file and select ‘Put Back’ to restore it in its original location.
However, in case it has been more than 30 days since the file was deleted, it would not be possible to locate that file in the Trash folder even if the folder was not emptied recently as the system automatically deletes the files and folders which are lying in the Trash folder for more than 30 days.
METHOD 2: Recover the deleted files on Mac using a free Mac recovery software
Do not worry if the files were not found in the Trash folder for any reason as there is an ultimate solution to recover the deleted files without using a Time Machine Application.
Stellar Free Mac Recovery Software is a free DIY software offered by Stellar which helps the Mac users to recover data such as emails, excels, PowerPoint presentations, photos, videos, and more. Not only is the software compatible with all kinds of data but also the formats which are commonly used in the market. All the said data could be in any format and lost from any kind of storage such as a MacBook (Pro & Air), iMac, Mac Mini, and more, the software is fully capable of finding the recoverable files and restoring them. The restored version of these files are an exact copy of the original file including the name, date and time stamp.
The user can enjoy all the said benefits by following the below mentioned steps:
- Download and install the free Stellar Data Recovery Software for Mac from the official website of Stellar.
- After running the software on the computer system, select the type of files/data which are required to be recovered using the data recovery software.
- Once the type of data has been selected, it is time to select the location where the said data was last stored.
- Now, toggle ‘Deep Scan’ and click on the ‘Scan’ button to initiate the software to start looking for the recoverable files in the selected location.
- Once the scan is complete, the software will create a list of all the recoverable files in the location. The user is required to preview all these files and make a selection of the files which are required to be recovered.
- After the selection of the files, click on the ‘Restore’ button and let the software recover these selected files for the user.
- Once the recovery process is complete, finish the process by selecting the new location for the recovered data and clicking on the ‘Save’ button.
To summarize the entire article into a few lines, it is important to recall the two ways which could be used to recover files on Mac when there is no Time Machine Application and those are:
- Recover the files from the Trash folder.
- Recover the files using Stellar Data Recovery Software for Mac.
However, once you are done with recovering the lost data using the said data recovery software, it is advised to you that the Time Machine Applications should be synced with the computer system in order to let it start creating backups for you. Also, if the data is extremely important, it is always safe to either put online or create a manual backup in a hard disk drive or other storage media.