- WhatsApp introduced the feature last month
- Samsung now expands the list of supported devices
- The feature is currently available only on Samsung smartphones
After unveiling the latest Chat Transfer feature last month during the Galaxy Unpacked 2021 event, now the world’s most favourite instant messaging application WhatsApp expands the availability of the feature on more Samsung smartphones.
Any Samsung smartphone which is running on version 188.8.131.52 or higher of the Samsung SmartSwitch app and runs Android 10 or above can use the latest WhatsApp Chat Transfer feature.
With the latest feature, you guys can able to transfer account information, along with profile pictures, personal and group chats, media, and even settings from an iPhone to a Samsung device. If you are using a Samsung smartphone then this article is meant for you as I will guide you the way which will enable you to transfer your WhatsApp details.
How to perform the WhatsApp Chat Transfer feature
Simply follow the steps to transfer your WhatsApp details to start the process.
- First of all, you need to connect by cable to your iPhone when prompted and follow the Samsung Smart Switch experience.
- Then you need to scan the QR code on the new device using the iPhone’s camera.
- Tap Start on your iPhone, then it will do its job.
- Continue setting up your new Samsung and when you will be taken to the home screen, open WhatsApp and log in using the same phone number.
- Then you can simply Import the complete details of your WhatsApp from your old device to the new device.
It is worth mentioning that the uses of Samsung smartphones need a USB Type-C lightning port to make the transfer process.
Read interesting news, reviews as well as tips & tricks on TechnoBugg website, and stay updated with the latest happenings of the tech world on the go with Technobugg App. Also follow on Google News and join our Telegram channel for the latest updates.