If you talk about the length of an article, there is no definite number which you need to bank on. The length depends on the topic which you plan to cover and the targeted audience. Along with that, the scope of the article is an important parameter as well. For instance, consider that you have to write an article on basics of marketing. In this case, the scope of the article is not that much and a generic overview is needed. Considering this factor, it can be said that the content would not be that lengthy. On the other hand, if you are writing content on detailed marketing procedures, the content would be lengthy and well written. For that purpose you can use Plagiarism checker tool to evaluate your content quality. Thus, it can be said that the length of written content depends on numerous parameters. Some factors which professional writers take into account for deciding the length of the article are listed below.
- Topic depth
This is one of the most important parameters. Before a writer starts writing the content, he studies the topic with an in-depth approach. Detailed topics have a higher word count because a larger number of points have to be covered. Similarly, if the article is generic, the word count would not be that large. Thus, the word count depends on the topic, scope and points to be covered. Topic depth is important because redundancy is a negative factor. If your article does not have a sufficient number of unique points, the readability would not be up to the mark. Thus, research work is also a factor that impacts the word count.
- Let us consider an example to understand how the topic depth has an impact on the word count. Consider that you have to write an article on business management basics. Now, if you analyze depth of this topic, you would see that it is not a detailed article and has to be written with a generic approach. Thus, the article would not be that long. On the other hand, if you have to write an article on specific business management topics, the length would increase automatically. The length of the article is determined after its scope has been analyzed by the writer.
- Targeted word count according to purpose of article
Every article is written with a purpose. For instance, you may want a detailed article for your own website. In such cases, you do not have to worry about the length of the article. When you have to publish the content on your website, you can increase the length and make it unique using free plagiarize checker according to your readability requirements. This is not the case if the article has to be submitted on someone else’s website. If you are submitting an article as a guest blog submission, you would have to abide by the rules that the particular website has.
- Websites that allow guest blog submission have their own conditions for word count. Writers have to draft their articles according to the requirement of the website on which they have to be published. Consider that you have written an article that is related to the domain but exceeds the maximum word count. In such cases, the website on which the article has to be submitted would reject it. Hence, it can be said that the length is an important factor for guest article submission.
The use of a word counter tool for articles
The points mentioned above provide a clear explanation that the length of an article is a key factor. How can you be sure that the word count is not exceeding the maximum limit? The standard way is counting the number of words after completing each paragraph or page. This proves to be a very tiring task for the writer. Thus, using a word counter is a much easier alternative
- Save your time with word counter tool
An article usually has a deadline and the writer has to meet it under all conditions. Considering this, writers should make sure that save the maximum possible time. Using a word counter tool helps in saving a lot of time. You do not have to go through each line and count the number of words. This is not required at all if a word counter is used.
- A word counter does not take as much time as humans. In few minutes the word count of an article would be shown to you. Even if your article is lengthy, a long time span would not be needed to determine the word count. For professional writers, this is a big relief as they have to meet deadlines. Thus, using an automated tool helps them a lot. It saves time for them and the submission of the article on time becomes a lot easier.
- No Mistakes
When you are counting the word manually, there are risks about coming up with the wrong count. If you want your article to get the correct reception, the word count should be absolutely correct. In case of mistakes, an article can face immediate rejection. You have to be professional in your writing.
Every article has a word count in accordance with its research requirements. Writers have to keep a check on the word count when they are preparing the content. Along with that, the length of the article also depends on the purpose for which it is being written. In an overall manner, it is important to keep a check on the word count.
For any writer, counting the words manually does not work that well. First of all, mistakes can be made while the content is being written. Secondly, this option consumes a lot of time. Through a word counter, the number of words can easily be determined at any time. A word counter has a text box in which the content has to be pasted. When the writer pastes the content, the word count would be revealed. Most online word counter tools are free so the writer can use it as many times as he wants while writing.