During the online event, Huawei is on a launching spree of new products for the consumers. And they have unveiled the new and improved Android skin EMUI 11 too. The developer conference saw the presentation of EMUI 11 and was surprised to learn that the new version will not be based on Android 11. As usual, it brings new looks and optimizations with new features. Let us take a detailed look at it without further ado.
— Huawei Mobile (@HuaweiMobile) September 10, 2020
The most important change that the new UI brings is multi-window and split-screen support. These can be found in the front and center of the UI and there is no chance that you will miss it. There is a dedicated gesture to invoke the Smart Multi-Window sidebar which can be used anytime. This will bring a side-window with favorite apps that can be dragged on as a multiwindow that can be resized.
The Always-on Display also comes with new tweaks. You can now choose new animations or even use images from the gallery, which the system will convert to an appropriate color palette. The UI animations have been made to adapt higher refresh rate displays. According to the company, the new animations will make the UI smoother and faster and they have worked extensively to study eye movement for improved flow of elements.
The new Multi-screen collaboration 3.0 in EMUI 11 allows you to control up to three Android apps from your PC once you sync your Huawei phone to the MateBook, similar to Your Phone app in Windows systems.
Huawei has also addressed the privacy concerns with a new permission notification in the status bar. Like iOS 14, EMUI 11 will notify if an app is using a microphone, GPS, or camera via an icon on the status bar. EMUI 11 will come pre-installed on all new Huawei phones and the updates will soon arrive on P40 and Mate 30-series via OTA. But the company says the UI to come with Android 11 requires time because of the ongoing trade ban. Huawei got access to the Android 11 source code just two days back as it went public while all the other OEMs received it much before.
Here you can go through the full list of Changelog:
- EMUI 11 refines the user experience and brings vivid, dynamic visual elements for the Always On Display (AOD). AOD now allows you to customize your screen and showcase your personal style with text and images even when the screen is off.
- Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen.
- Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with multiple app windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop with PC Manager of version 11.0 or later.)
- When you project your phone onto an external display, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection
- Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- You can now quickly identify and extract text from images or documents, edit the text, and then export and share it. Creating a digital version of a paper document has never been easier.
Read interesting news, reviews as well as tips & tricks on TechnoBugg website, and stay updated with the latest happenings of the tech world on the go with Technobugg App. Also follow on Google News and join our Telegram channel for the latest updates.