In last November, Motorola launched their premium mid-range smartphone Moto X4 in India. It is a good phone at it’s price. They launched it in two storage variants i.e. 3GB RAM with 32GB storage and 4GB RAM with 64GB storage. But seems like Motorola is feeling that 4GB RAM is less. That’s why today they announced a new variant of Moto X4 in India with some minor upgrades. So let’s have a look at the same.
Motorola has announced a new variant of Moto X4 that comes with 6GB of RAM, 1st for any Moto X series smartphone. Apart from RAM upgrade, this new variant will come with Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box. Even the regular Moto X4 also got Oreo update, but this new variant will have some unknown tweaks. They said that regular Moto X4 will also get all these tweaks soon. The internal storage given here is 64GB which can be expandable via MicroSd Card. Below are the full specifications of this new Moto X4:
Full specs of the device:
• 5.2 inch Full HD IPS LCD display and Gorilla Glass 3 protection
• 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution
• 2.2 GHz octa core Snapdragon 630 processor
• 6GB RAM, 64GB internal storage
• Expandable upto 2 TB via microSD card
• Dual camera setup at back consists 12 megapixel (Dual Auto-focus Pixel sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.4um) + 8 megapixel (Ultra-wide angle with 120-degree field-of-view, f/2.2 aperture, 1.12um) with PDAF, Professional Mode, Selective Focus, Depth Detection and Focus, Selective Black & White, Background Replacement, Landmark/Object Recognition, Slow-Motion and LED flash
• 16 megapixel front facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1um, 4 MP Adaptive Low Light Mode, Selfie Panorama, Professional Mode and Selfie Flash
• 4G LTE and VoLTE connectivity, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, NFC, USB Type-C, 3.5 mm headphone jack
• Fingerprint Scanner, Synchronized Bluetooth Streaming, Moto Key
• Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box
• 3,000 mAh battery with 15 W TurboPower
Pricing & Availability of this phone:
• Priced at ₹24,999.
• Available from 1 February at Flipkart & Moto Hubs.
So that’s all the information we have as of now. Personally speaking, I don’t think that there will be a lot of changes in previous 4GB RAM variant and this variant. The phone is surely a bit overpriced. It would be great if they bumped up the storage too, at 128GB. Anyways, what are your thoughts on the same? Do let me know in the comments below. Also, stay tuned with us for more information.