Just yesterday OnePlus launched one of the most anticipated or most awaited smartphone of this year, the OnePlus 6. It packs some really premium features like Curved Glass Back, video recording option of 4k at 60fps, and notched display for a very good price. Today, OnePlus scheduled an event in Mumbai to launch this device in India along with Avengers Infinity War Edition of OnePlus 6. And they did it; OnePlus has launched the OnePlus 6 smartphone in India today.
Design (OnePlus 6 Regular):
With OnePlus 6, OnePlus shifted from sandstone back to metal two years back with OnePlus 3. Since then we are seeing the premium metal finished OnePlus phones. Now it’s time for the change. As seen in leaks and teasers, OnePlus went for Glass back finish with OnePlus 6. As you can see from the image below, the back has a premium glass which is curved from its left & right corners. This is a Gorilla Glass 5 glass which gives a bit of protection from scratches. It looks pretty close to Samsung Galaxy S series smartphones of past 2-3 years. But despite having similar glass design, the overall back don’t seem a copy of Samsung S series smartphone, unlike last year’s OnePlus 5, which looked like a copy of iPhone 7 Plus. Talking about placements at back, there are two vertically aligned cameras and dual tone LED flash (we will talk about the camera in later part of this article). Below the camera setup a rectangular with round corned edge fingerprint sensor is the place. Nothing else is present at the back.
Coming to the front, the 1st thing to notice here is the notch. The iPhone X styled notch is present above the display having stuff like proximity & light sensors, earpiece, and front facing camera. Below is the thin bezel display in 19:9 aspect ratio. Talking about other placements, volume rocker & SIM ejector tool is present at the left and power button & Alert Slider at the right. Unlike all previous generation OnePlus device, alert slider on OnePlus 6 is shifted to the right. Speaker grill, USB Type-C port, main microphone and 3.5mm headphone jack is present at the bottom, and the top is empty. This phone also has basic water resistance, but not IP certified. Overall the device looks very cool, but nothing much unique if look at the competition.
Design (OnePlus 6 Avengers Edition):
Along with regular OnePlus 6, company also announced the Avengers Infinity War Edition of this device. This variant has a design change as compared to regular variant. This phone has a Textured Carbon Fiber back material instead of glass, which gives it a rugged look and feel. Instead of the OnePlus logo at the back of OnePlus 6, this Avengers edition has Avengers logo with Gold colored border. Also the Alert Slider has this Gold color on it. In the special box of this Avengers edition, a case with Iron Man’s Helmet design is present along with Infinity Badges. It has 5 different Avenger themes and wallpapers as well. Regarding changes in specifications, everything is same here expect the fact that this edition will be available only in 8GB + 256GB storage variant.
Bullet Wireless Earphones:
Just like yesterday’s global launch, OnePlus also launched their Bullet Wireless Earphones. These wireless earphones have 9.2mm drivers with energy tubes, which will enhance the sound as said by the company. It will have aptX support for High Definition audio experience. It also has support for Google Assistant, which can be activated by long pressing the middle button. Talking about buttons there will be three buttons i.e. volume buttons and play/pause button. The charging is done via Type-C cable and dash charging is also supported in this earphone, which concludes that charging for 10 minutes will give 5 hours of listening.
- Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 845 octa core processor (4 Kryo Gold cores at 2.7Ghzand 4 Kryo Silver cores at 1.7Ghz)
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6.28 inch Full HD+ AMOLED display, 2280×1080 resolution, 19:9 aspect ratio, 402ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on both front and back
- 6GB RAM for 64GB storage, 8GB RAM for 128/256GB storage
- 16MP Primary Camera (f1.7 lens, 1.22µ pixel size, PDAF, EIS, OIS)
- 20MP Secondary Camera (f1.7 lens, 1.0µ pixel size)
- 24MP Front Camera (f2.0 lens, 1.0µ pixel size, EIS) with portrait selfies
- Video Recording at 4k (60fps), 4k (30fps). 1080p (60fps), 1080p (30fps), 720p (480fps), 720p (30fps)
- Dual Tone LED Flash
- Android 8.1 Oreo with OxygenOS 5.1 out of the box
- 3300mAh battery with 5W 4A Dash Charge
- Fingerprint sensor and Face Unlock
- 4G VoLTE, dual band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C port, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Compass sensor
- 7.8mm thin and weights at 177 grams
- Midnight Black, Mirror Back, Silk White
Pricing and Availability:
- 6GB+64GB variant at Rs.34,999
- 8GB+128GB variant at Rs.39,999
- Avengers Edition (8GB+256GB) at Rs.44,999
- Bullet Wireless Earphones at Rs.3,999
- OnePlus 6 will be available through Amazon India starting from 21nd of May
- Limited Edition Silk White color variant will be available from 2nd June
So that’s all the information we have as of now. Seeing the price I think it’s not so much expensive as compared to OnePlus 5T, because OnePlus has a tendency of raising the price of every smartphone they launch. I am sure that this phone will be one of the most selling flagship smartphones in India this year. What are your thoughts on the pricing of this device? Does OnePlus 6 justify the price which is being offered? Do share your thoughts in the comment section below. Also, stay tuned with us for more information.