A smart plug is a plug manufactured with latest technology that can be plugged into a traditional wall outlet, it usually comes with a supporting app so that you can control whatever device you plug into it from a distance. you just plug the smart plug into an electrical outlet and then plug the device that you want to control remotely. A smart plugged is controlled by an app and has the ability to turn off and on any standard appliance that can be plugged into a normal electrical wall socket.
Osram Outdoor Smart Plug
There are two different types of Osram smart plug one is used indoors and one is used outdoors. The outdoor Zigbee certified plugs are used to control non-smart devices through Zigbee technologies. It is mostly used in gardens, balconies and other outdoor areas. It may be about different smart home plugs that the outdoor smart plug enables you to control a number of conventional outdoor devices in your balconies or gardens with the help of a smart home app or even voice control.it comes with 1.5 meters power cord.
- The smart plug assimilates the traditional electrical appliances into suitable smart home systems.
- The smart plug enables switching of traditional light sources and other electric appliances
- It even supports the simple connection of electric appliances via regular socket
Areas of application
Wherever non-smart devices need to be incorporated into suitable smart home systems
- Control through any compatible smart home system, SMART+ Switch Mini SMART+ Switch or on/off button on the device
- High switching power: up to 2,990 W / 13 A UK version and 3,680 W / 16 A EU version
- Operation depends on the type of control used for it
- Network protocol: ZigBee
- Equipment / Accessories
- Control of electrical devices using app needs LIGHTIFY system ( gateway and app) or other compatible Smart home systems
- It is better to disconnect all the devices that emit heat from the main such as from the smart plug in order to protect them from switching on accidently
- Very high voltage and inductive loads may in some cases result in damage to the device or decrease in the number of cycles of switching.
- Try not to use the SMART Plug with medical equipment.
- It should be connected to an automatic circuit breaker (and for EU max. 16 A for UK max. 13 A)
The weight of the product is 105.00 grams. Its length is 85mm and width is 58mm and 63mm in height. It is available in only white color. The ambient temperature range is -20 -40 degrees C.
According to the reviews submitted by the users of the smart plug it is a high quality product that helps control the electrical appliance with much each with a touch of a screen. It is a simple to use product that is easy to link with hue bridge and can be easily operated through the Harmony Hub. It is not officially supported by harmony.