After using your Samsung phone for some time, maybe you have stored plenty of important files. To keep your files safe and free up more space, it is necessary to back up your Samsung data. As long as you regularly back up your files, you can restore the data if accidents happen to your device.
What’s more, this post is going to discuss 4 easy ways to backup and restore Samsung phone data, so that you’ll be able to get back the lost files again without hassle.
Part 1: Back Up and Restore Samsung Data with Samsung Cloud
Samsung Cloud supports you to back up and restore Samsung data with your Samsung account. It is a built-in feature on your Samsung device, effective with multiple file types of Samsung.
Of course, you can also log in with the same account to access your backup data on the website conveniently. Plus, if you run out of the 15 GB of free cloud storage, you can upgrade the storage by purchasing the 50 GB or even 200 GB plan.
Follow the guide you can do Samsung backup and restore with Samsung Cloud:
- Go to the Settings app and choose the “Cloud and accounts” > “Samsung Cloud” option. Then turn on the features of the data you want.
- Then click the “Back up my data” > “BACK UP NOW” icon to back up your data to Samsung Cloud.
- Go back to the page of “Cloud and accounts” and click the “Backup and restore” > “Restore data” option. Then select the data you want to restore and click the “Restore” button. Your backup files will be back soon.
Part 2: Back Up and Restore Samsung Using Smart Switch
Samsung Smart Switch, an excellent Samsung backup and restore tool, is specially designed for Samsung users. It can provide different transfer ways according to your requirements.
For example, if you want to back up and restore Samsung on a computer, you can select the computer version. If you would like to move data from your Samsung device to another, you can choose the mobile version.
Next, we will introduce the steps to back up and restore Samsung data with the computer version:
- Download and install the correct version on your computer, and link your Samsung phone and the computer through a USB cable.
- To back up Samsung to the PC, please tap the “More” > “Preference” > “Backup items” tab to select the desired file types on the interface. Now, click the “Backup” icon to transfer the selected files to the computer.
- To restore the backup data, please choose the “Restore” > “Select your backup data” icon. After selected, tap on the “Restore now” button to begin restoring files.
Part 3: Back Up and Restore Samsung via Google Account
Now, we are going to talk about Google account, another helpful option to back up and restore Samsung data. Generally, it is a pre-installed feature on every Samsung smartphone. Thus, you can make use of this convenient feature without downloading Google Drive or Google Photos.
Similar to Samsung Cloud, you need to add your Google account on the Samsung device in advance. If needed, you can apply to a Google account on the browser.
Please get the tutorial in the following:
- Enter the Settings app on Samsung and tap on the “Accounts and backup” > “Backup and restore” option.
- Then switch on the “Back up my data” button and click the “Backup account” > “Google account” option to type your Google account and manage your data types.
- To restore data to your Samsung phone, please enable the “Automatic restore” feature.
Part 4: Back Up and Restore Samsung with Coolmuster Android Backup Manager
If you want a full backup and restore of your Samsung phone, Coolmuster Android Data Backup & Restore tool may be a better choice. As an efficient Samsung backup and restore desktop app, it is capable of transferring files from Samsung phones/tablets to the computer and vice versa. Despite backup or restoration, it will make it in 1 click.
To offer the handy features, there are two buttons on the interface visually. Without redundant design, you can easily operate the software.
Using this Samsung backup and restore program, you can:
- Back up Samsung phone to computer in 1 tap, including contacts, call logs, text messages, photos, videos, music, documents, and apps.
- Restore backup files from the PC to Samsung devices;
- Connect your Samsung device to the computer with USB or Wi-Fi;
- Use it on many Samsung devices and other Android devices, such as Samsung Galaxy S20/S10/S9/S8, Samsung Note 20/Note 10/Note 9/Note 8, Samsung Galaxy Tab S/Galaxy Tab 4/Galaxy Tab S5e, Huawei, OnePlus, Sony, Google, and so on.
It is easy to back up and restore your Samsung phone with it. Let’s see the steps below:
- Download and Install it on your computer, and connect your Samsung handset to the PC with a USB cable or Wi-Fi.
- To back up your data to the PC, please tap on the “Backup” icon and select the data types. And hit the “Back Up” button to begin the procedure.
- To restore your backups, click the “Restore” icon and tick off the backup files. Then you can click the “Restore” icon to start the restoring process.
Based on Samsung backup and restore, the ways mentioned above are tested for several times, so all the methods are effective and reliable. You can select the most satisfying one among them to achieve your data transfer. Hope this post will meet your requirements.
Read interesting news, reviews as well as tips & tricks on TechnoBugg website, and stay updated with the latest happenings of the tech world on the go with Technobugg App. Also follow on Google News and join our Telegram channel for the latest updates.