The telecom giant Vodafone has announced in last year, that they are going to roll out VoLTE service across India from January 2018. And in last month, the company has launched the VoLTE service in Gujarat, now today the company has announced the launch of VoLTE service in the capital of the country- Delhi and Mumbai. Along with Delhi, the VoLTE service is also available in the NCR region of the capital.
With the VoLTE service, users of Vodafone can now enjoy voice calls in HD quality and faster call setup time. Moreover, users can now able to continue using 4G data even during ongoing voice calls. And if the 4G VoLTE is unavailable in your area, don’t worry about the connectivity as the network will automatically switch back to 2G or 3G. In this way, users can always be connected with their dear and near ones. The company has said that they will launch the VoLTE service in Karnataka and Kolkata next to expand the service across the country.
How to enable the service on your device
- To use the VoLTE service on any smartphone, it is required that you should have a smartphone which supports 4G VoLTE connectivity. If you don’t know about the compatibility, then you can check the compatibility by sending an SMS ‘4G CHECK’ to 199.
- Then you need to upgrade your SIM card to the latest 4G SIM card.
- You should update your smartphone to the latest software version which your manufacturer has provided.
- If your smartphone supports the VoLTE service then enable it by heading into the settings app and selecting Mobile Network and there you can see an option called ‘Turn on VoLTE‘ call on Android devices, and turn on ‘Voice & Data Menu‘ on your iOS device.
- And if you use Dual SIM smartphone then make sure the Vodafone SIM to be inserted in the SIM 1 slot, and also set the Network type to Auto.