The search engine optimization or search engine optimization (in English Search Engine Optimization, SEO) is a process that aims to increase the visibility of a website to search engines, increasing its position on the results page. Other forms of the search engine market (SEM) are paid lists. In general, the position of the ranking is related to the number of visits, so SEO has become a commercial tactic. SEO can focus on different types of research, such as images, videos or specific cases.
The optimization for search engines considers the operation of the search engines and what is sought. Optimization can include editing content to give relevance to keywords. Another SEO strategy is to increase the number of backlinks or links that the web receives from other pages.
There are several types of SEO techniques, some more important than others. They mainly stand out:
- SEO On Page: Set of techniques that are carried out in a web page (title, Keywords, Meta description, texts, positioning of images, improvement of PageRank, creation of content …) They are the techniques that are carried out within the web page and whose purpose is to optimize its functionality so that it is positioned as best as possible on the internet.
- SEO off Page: The actions that are carried out outside the website to improve the functioning of it: high in search engines or web directories.
There are two types of optimization techniques: one that of the white hats, is to make an accessible page suitable for readers; the other one, that of black hats or spamdexing, uses methods such as link farms or Farm clicks, keyword stuffing and article spinning. However, many search engines try to identify these web pages and degrade their position.
- The SEO applied to social networks gives rise to social media optimization.
The SEM is a payment system. There are many payment systems, but the most famous is Google Ads, followed by Facebook Ads and LinkedIn Ads, among others. In the Google Ad system, there are two types of campaigns: Search and display
- Search: the first ads that appear on the search results page, sponsored and yellow. They are ads that have appeared thanks to the Keyword search.
Display: a web page accepts advertising on Google. When a page receives many visits, AdSense exists, ads usually in the form of a banner. It is the ad layout that Google distributes for your entire network.
- SEO and SEM are responsible for analyzing and optimizing my website is not showing on google of different companies or individuals. All companies need good web positioning to be able to meet their online goals. In general, the main objectives are: increase the traffic of visits to the web and have more conversions (buy, download forms, etc.). The achievement of these objectives is mainly done through the following processes and techniques:
What is SEO or organic positioning?
The organic positioning of the web is all that insert the HTML code of your page, such as the keywords (Keywords) of each company, such as title, Meta description or labels … This optimization requires an intense prior study on the competition and the most appropriate keywords for each business.
SEO techniques: it is the natural positioning that a web domain has. The goal is the same, get as many visits as possible and increase the return on investment of the company.
Positioning SEM: it is the positioning of payment or PPC (Pay per Click in AdWords or others). They are paid campaigns that are based on the best Keywords on the web. They are advertising campaigns in AdWords, Yahoo, advertising, Facebook ads … You pay for each word or Keyword through a CPC auction system … The results of these payment campaigns are usually immediate and very positive for the advertiser.
Or you can read SEO Trends 2020
The major search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo!, they use web spiders to discover pages for their algorithmic search results. The pages linked in other search engines should not be sent, as they are found automatically. Some search engines, notably Yahoo!, operate a means of payment submission that guarantees indexing, which generally guarantees inclusion in the database but not a specific position to the search results.
Two main directories, the Yahoo Directory and the Open Directory Project, need manual submission and human editorial review. Google offers the Google Search Console, with which you can create XML web maps and sent free of charge to ensure that all pages are found, especially those that cannot be discovered following links automatically. Web spiders look for several factors when they examine a web page. Not all pages are indexed. The distance of the pages from the root directory can also be a factor that influences the indexing.
Natural or organic positioning
The goal of positioning is to appear in the highest possible positions of the organic search results by one or more specific words. It involves the task of optimizing the structure and content of a web page through the use of various link building or link baiting techniques, thus increasing their notoriety and mentions.
The optimization is done in two ways
Internal: Through improvements in content, code and accessibility. Internationally known as “SEO on Page”.
External: Improvements in the notoriety of the website through references to it (through links). Internationally known as “SEO off Page”.
The organic or natural positioning in the world is developed, mainly, through Google, since it supposes more than 90% -95% of the total volume of searches. It should be noted that the search engines show organic or natural results on one side, and also show others of payment.
Activities to improve positioning
Positioning requires a programming code, a design and some contents. To carry out good positioning, it is recommended to follow the guidelines of the Google guide. A division can be established between internal positioning and external positioning.
The internal positioning takes into account those improvements that we can apply to our website, content, accessibility and appearance.
- Create quality content
- Make it a fast website (WPO)
- It must be adaptable to all devices (Responsive)
- Think a structure and functional design, easy to access and that captures the user’s attention.
- Create unique titles and descriptions of the content of each page. It is recommended to write titles between 60 and 70 characters.
- Host the web on a reliable server.
- Use bold and italics for the keywords.
- Use the “meta” tags (description and title) with the keywords chosen above.
- Create a clean web design in advertising.
- Use correct labelling of the web.
The external positioning includes those techniques we use to improve the visibility of our website in online media. It is usually sought to get mentions online, in the form of a link, of the web that is intended to be optimized.
- Get other websites with a similar theme to link to your website, although recently Google also takes into account the references to the articles although there is no link.
- Have a presence on social networks, such as Facebook, Twitter. To get visits from new “followers” and make them participate.
- Register in directories like Yahoo! or Dmoz to get links or the first search of your website through search engines.
- Have a Google My Business related company
- Register and participate in forums related to the theme of your website.
- Write articles on other websites to make yourself known.
The techniques applied can be poorly executed and negatively affect the results of the search engines. In these cases, if they violate the clauses and conditions of use of the same search engines, they can be considered as spamdexing, a form of SPAM, and be sanctioned, sometimes even disappearing in their entirety from the search engines. Examples of these penalties in the case of the main search engine, Google, are “Google Penguin” or “Google Panda”. Algorithms perfectly designed to detect fraudulent practices of links or plagiarism of contents to the sites.