To get back your Google account, it can be tricky to recover the account information if the hacker modifies your current password. So Google offers few attempts or recovery options to recover and get back the hacked account. But the illicit actors or technically smart hackers can play a vital role in making every attempt unsuccessful.
Nevertheless, there are two such ways you can go by to recover your hacked Google account:
- Retrieve the account password by going through the Google account recovery
- If you can access your Google account, change the password to a new one.
Here, in this article, we will walk you through the procedures that show how you can recover your account or change password stepwise manner.
Let’s get started!
Step-By-Step Guidelines to Recover Your Account If You Can’t Access It
Step 1: Go to the Google login page.
Step 2: Enter the email address of your account in the provided space.
Step 3: On the password screen, click “Forgot password?”
Step 4: Enter the most recent password that you can remember for the account.
Step 5: If you have access to the correct phone, click ‘Yes.’ If not, click ‘Try another way.’
Step 6: If you have access to the correct phone number, click ‘Send.’ If not, click ‘I don’t have my phone.’
Step 7: If you have access to the correct email address, click ‘Send.’ If not, click ‘Try another way.’
Step 8: Once you’ve regained access to your account, secure your Google account from the “Manage your Google Account” section.
That’s it! However, if you can access your Google account, change the current password.
Learn How to Change or Update Your Google Account Password
Your first step should be to change your password if you can still get into your Google account. How you do is follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Google account page by clicking on your face in the top right corner.
- On the left side of the page, select the option – Security.
- Choose the “Password” section.
- Enter a new password twice to confirm and proceed with the button – CHANGE PASSWORD.
What to Do If You Forget Your Google Account Password?
If you don’t remember your Google password or forget it, don’t worry – you can reset or update it in a few steps.
- While trying, Google needs to ensure it’s you who’s trying to recover your account. Otherwise, without your permission or knowledge, anyone could do this to reset your password.
- On the password login page, click the “Try another way” option.
- Once you select other method of communication, proceed with the Yes button.
- A new screen with a numerical code will pop up if you click “Yes.” You’ll be needed to check your phone for a notification from Google.
- Once you verify, send the verification code into your other recovery email or phone number.
- Enter the code where you’re prompted in Google’s account recovery process.
- Create and enter a new password in the provided space. Then proceed into your account.
This is how you can log into your account by changing the password. If you’re looking for how to change Gmail password, by doing above mentioned steps, your concern will be sorted out.
Maria is a prestigious technical writer. She has been writing the technical blogs since a decade. All her blogs are immensely popular and useful. She deals with all the technical glitches in order to resolve the errors.