The fight for the best launcher is getting interesting in Play store as Action launcher starts supporting Google now and brings in new Android O features. Not to mention, Nova is the first one to get in the support for Google now.
The new update dubbed as 26.1 is being rolled out in the play store which brings in a lot of interesting features like Google Now integration and several Android O features like Notification Dots and Notification Previews. Google doesn’t provide an official API for third party developers to integrate Google Now into their apps, so developers often end up having to leave it out completely or resort to creative means. Google now can be accessed anytime by simply swiping to the right of the home page where it is available as a page. But users have to download the apk support file from a separate source like Apkmirror or directly.
Action launcher also packs in many additional features like Notification dots, notification Previews and app shortcut panel. The change log for the update follows:
- Google Now integration for all! Requires installation of the Action Launcher Google Plugin application.
- Full Notification Dots support!
- Long-pressing a shortcut will display a preview of app’s notifications and allow notifications to be dismissed ala Android O. Available when using either Notification Dots or Unread Count.
- Unread Count support extended to all apps that have a current notification.
- Android O style App Shortcuts panel.
- Allow granular control as to which apps display Notification Dots/Unread Count.
- Android O style widget picker, which displays all relevant widgets for a given shortcut.
- Directly engage Action Launcher’s Quickedit panel via a shortcut’s long-press popup UI.
- Dedicated “Icons & App Shortcuts” settings page, which is home to all icon related settings.
- When Google Pill widget is on the left screen edge and Google Now integration is enabled, display a tinted edge background as per Pixel Launcher.
- Option to adjust the scale of icon indicators.
- Revamped interface for selecting the apps that are hidden from app drawers.
So, what are you waiting for? Download the Action launcher from Google play store for free at anytime.
[appbox googleplay com.actionlauncher.playstore]
Via: Android Authority