Apple opens the GM (Golden Master) iOS 13.5 build to developers. The company had released iOS 13.5 Public Beta last month. The iOS 13.5 GM version is accompanied by WatchOS 6.2.5 and tvOS 13.4.5. This indicates that the company is ready to roll out the final beta build before releasing it to the users via OTA.
The iOS 13.5 poses as a more refined update of the COVID-19 contact tracing app and also allows users to unlock their iPhone with FaceID even if they are wearing masks. The other changes include improvements in the Mail app, fine-tuning FaceTime calls and general bug fixes.
Official Changelog of the iOS 13.5:
- Face ID and Passcode
- More comfortable face unlock with FaceID while wearing a mask.
- Passcode field pops-up automatically after swiping up from the bottom of the Lock screen when you are wearing a face mask.
- It works with the App Store, Apple Books, Apple Pay, iTunes, and other apps that support signing in with Face ID
- Exposure Notification
- Exposure Notification API to support COVID-19 contact tracing apps from public health authorities
- Ability to control automatic prominence on Group FaceTime calls as it prevents video tiles from changing size when a participant speaks
- Emergency Services
- Option to automatically share health and other essential information from your Medical ID with emergency services when you place an emergency call (the US only)
- This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements.
- Fixes an issue where users may see a black screen when trying to play streaming video from some websites
- Addresses an issue in the share sheet where suggestions and actions may not load