Microsoft is offering a built-in antivirus with the latest Windows 11 operating system and the same is available in Windows 10 as well. I am talking about Microsoft Defender and the same is capable to protect your device from possible threats such as viruses, malware, ransomware, among others. This built-in antivirus runs in the background to protect your computer from the hands of unwanted people.
The security application of Microsoft maintains a report of its scans and actions in the Protection History folder and the same enables you to review the changes and undo them.
By the way, if you want to clear Microsoft Defender history from your Windows 11 computer then this article is meant for you as today I will guide you on the way to clear Microsoft Defender history from your device. So without making any further delay let’s dive into the article to check out the step by step guide.
1) How to clear Microsoft defender history manually
- First of all, open File Explorer on your Windows 11 and navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History
- Now double click on the Service on the History folder.
- After that, right-click on the History and select Delete.
2) How to clear Microsoft defender history via Event Viewer
This is another method to clear Microsoft Defender history from the Windows 11 powered computer and the same can be done by following the simple steps which are listed below.
- Open Event Viewer and select the Event Viewer (Local) and then expand the Applications and Services Logs.
- After that, select the Microsoft folder and double click on Windows.
- Now scroll down and double-click on the Windows Defender.
- After that, double-click on the Operational on the Windows Defender and click on the Clear log button.
- You will get a confirmation message. Click on the Save and Clear button to clear the log.
That’s it! This is how you can able to clear Microsoft Defender history from your Windows 11 computer. Keep browsing more tutorials on TechnoBugg to make your life easy and comfortable.
Read interesting news, reviews as well as tips & tricks on TechnoBugg website, and stay updated with the latest happenings of the tech world on the go with Technobugg App. Also follow on Google News and join our Telegram channel for the latest updates.