What are webinars exactly? A webinar is an online seminar or presentation conducted live and real-time over the internet and available for streaming to participants from anywhere in the world. Simply put, it’s a type of web conferencing designed to connect organizers and key speakers of a particular event or symposium with selected audiences that are given access to it.
You can set up a live webinar with your business partner even if you’re not together in one place. Most business owners and influencers carry out a webinar through web conferencing platforms such as Zoom or Google Meet. You can have your webinar events recorded and distributed as well to multiple websites for further reach or archive purposes. You can even share them with attendees (for replay) and non-attendees through blogs, social media sites, and many more.
With online webinars, you won’t be limited to a certain geographical area. You can even run your webinars for free online or sell them at a profitable price. Before we delve into how to earn money from webinars, here are some few things to take note of:
Benefits Of Using Webinars
Now, you may be wondering why anybody would want to pay money for an online webinar. There are plenty of good reasons why webinars are a popular way of doing business on the internet. First, by using an online webinar platform that supports engagement between the speaker and audience, you allow people to interact with each other and with the presenter. This improves the quality of discussion. Webinars are a great place to generate sales because they’re a cheap and effective way of reaching out to potential customers in the same room.
In a webinar, you can show multiple slides, present your ideas to prospective clients and discuss with them so you could have a better understanding of how they see your proposal or concept. Webinars also help boost the productivity of your business. In a live webinar, you can directly present your specific product or service to people, get their feedback, and lock in deals, if possible. Through webinars, you can share valuable information about what you can offer to your target audience.
If you’re planning to host your own webinar, here are some tips that will make your webinars effective:
- Have an effective script
- Set a date that’s favorable to your target audience for your webinar
- Make sure that your participants can join your webinar
- Provide a deck or transcription of the presentation after
- Don’t forget to include a payment link in your webinar and keep your participants motivated.
To make sure everything listed above happens, you have to ensure you’re using the right approach and type.
Types Of Webinars
There are numerous topics to discuss on a webinar, each tailored to address certain areas that focus on growing or nurturing client relationships.
To get a good idea of the best fit for you, here are four types of webinars to consider to nurture your audience better:
- Customer Training Webinar: Also known as the customer onboarding webinar, customer training webinars are a great way to better enlighten new customers on your brand’s product or service. With a customer training webinar, you save yourself the stress of answering customers at different times by addressing all questions and concerns in a single presentation. Not only does this give your customers a handy resource to fall back on for Q&A’s, but it also helps establish a healthy customer-brand relationship.
- Lead Nurturing Webinar: This webinar comes in handy when you have an audience who’s well aware of your offer. Lead nurturing webinars are tailored to help inspire potential clients within your audience to take the needed action. Highlighting your offer’s benefits and focusing on the value it delivers is a great way to do just that. A few ways to set up a lead nurturing webinar includes:
- Having ‘Before and after’ case studies showing how your offer helped clients solve their issues.
- Hosting live webinars to answer potential questions and address concerns your audience may have.
- Highlighting key findings from your brand’s product reports.
- Thought Leadership Webinar: No matter what industry you’re currently in, having a thought leadership webinar is a great way to establish authority in your current field.
Not only does this improve your brand credibility, but by delivering valuable content with thought leadership webinars, you encourage more people to pay attention to your brand and indirectly generate more leads to your offers.
- Tutorial/Demo Webinar: Be it for a new product or a new feature within an existing product, hosting a product tutorial or a new-feature demo webinar helps speed up your customer’s learning process.
This way, they’re sure to get the absolute best out of your offer, which improves your chances at customer retention and increases the likelihood of referrals.
Additionally, you could decide to have an on-demand option attached to your chosen webinar type. Attaching on-demand options to your webinars help you generate value even from your pre-recorded presentations.
Most webinars involve the live participation of the audience through a forum or question-and-answer portion. Others won’t allow participants to engage, they will only have to watch the presentation, but follow up emails are always expected from businesses who use this method to guide their audience to the next steps.
Now that you’ve got the basics covered, here are a few ways on how to get your webinar monetized:
- Tie It To A Paid Program
If you want to learn how to make money from a webinar, you need to know that there are many ways that you can take advantage of the opportunity to do so. However, what you want to understand first is how you’re going to be able to do this and what you need to do to be successful at it.
There are many different ways for you to make money from a webinar. Some of them may be more viable to you than others, but they all have something to do with inviting people to sign up for the events. Of course, you need to be able to sell the product or service that you’re trying to promote at these types of events, as well. You also need to make sure that you’re willing to spend time promoting the event, ensuring that potential participants will say yes to the invitation!
- Attach An Admission Fee
The fastest way to earn money from your webinar is by charging a fee to those interested in joining. People pay hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars to learn certain topics from the experts. No matter what amount you attach to your webinar, always make sure you’re delivering valuable content with your pitch. Target people who are totally interested in your webinar’s theme or topic, and create a persuasive pitch for them because they will surely pay for something they want and need once they got convinced.
- Drive Traffic To Your Site
Another way of making money from a webinar is by hosting it for free and creating a promo that those who will attend the webinar will be able to claim your services at a discounted price. People always want free stuff! Sometimes, even if they’re not that interested in what you’re proposing, as long as it’s free, they’d be willing to try as they know they got nothing to lose.
Once people responded positively to your invitation, they will swarm into your website at the same time, helping you to increase your website traffic. This organic traffic will make you earn money naturally. Of course, the more traffic that you bring to the event, the more money that you’re going to make! This is one of the most common ways that people utilize to make money from a webinar. It helps to look into this method if you want to get started.
Presentations, training programs, seminars, and coaching sessions offer an ideal platform for communicating and imparting your presentations across your target audience.
With platforms like Evergreen online webinars, you can better connect with existing and future clients in a few seconds, which in turn helps increase your reach and improve chances of connecting to potential clients.
Whatever approach or medium you use, always ensure you’ve carried out adequate research and deliver nothing less than promised.