We are using Windows operating system for many years and we know that the older version of the Windows operating system like Windows 7 or 10 had the mouse pointer shadow feature enabled by default. The same thing is also available in Windows 11 operating system as well but due to the heavy changes in the user interface and in other sections of the operating system, the shadow is not visible.
It is worth mentioning that the mouse pointer shadow is said to increase resource consumption and create performance issues in low-end computers and that’s why Microsoft has disabled the feature by default in the latest version of the Windows operating system. But still, if you want to have the feature turned on then you can do it after reading this guide. Today we will guide you on the way to enable the Mouse Pointer Shadow in the latest Windows 11.
So without making any further delay let’s dive into the article to check out the step by step guide to enable the Mouse Pointer Shadow in Windows 11.
How to disable or enable Mouse Pointer Shadow via Control Panel
- First of all, you need to open Control Panel on your computer and click on the View by: option and select Large Icons.
- After that, click on the Mouse on the Control Panel and switch to the Pointers tab in the properties.
- On this screen, check the option ‘Enable pointer shadow’ and click on the Ok button.
- If you want to disable the same then you need to simply uncheck the ‘Enable pointer shadow’ on Mouse Properties.
How to disable or enable Mouse Pointer Shadow via Settings
You can enable or disable the shadow using the Settings app as well and the same can be done by following the steps below.
- Hit the Start menu and select Settings.
- Now you need to select the Bluetooth & devices section on the left.
- After that, scroll down and click on the Mouse.
- Now click on the Additional Mouse Settings and switch to the Pointers tab and check the ‘Enable pointer shadow’ option and click on Ok button.
- You can disable the same by simply unchecking the ‘Enable pointer shadow’ option in the above step.
That’s it! This is how you can enable or disable mouse pointer shadow in Windows 11. Keep browsing more tutorials on TechnoBugg to make your life easy and comfortable.
Read interesting news, reviews as well as tips & tricks on TechnoBugg website, and stay updated with the latest happenings of the tech world on the go with Technobugg App. Also follow on Google News and join our Telegram channel for the latest updates.