Is your PC taking ages to open even the most lightweight and simple applications? Are you struggling to play even the basis games? If yes, then instead of fretting, first, you must realize that a computer cannot function like a brand spanking new device forever. At some point of time, its performance inevitably becomes slow. Still, the power to enhance the PC’s speed is in your hands. You can make it lightning fast again. Here, in this post, I’m sharing the best tips to give your PC the much-needed speed boost. Give the next segment a read to get acquainted with them.
The Ultimate Tips to Enhance the PC’s Speed
Making the system work fast is not a tough thing to do. Here are the tips you need to make the PC’s performance snappier again.
- Get Rid of Bloatware: Do you use every application present in the system? Most probably, no. Many of them must be lying unused, and you may even have forgotten about them. Uninstall and get rid of these applications,i.e., Bloatware, as it only takes up the disk space and makes your PC perform slow. Here are the steps to do it.
- Click on the Start button and open “All Apps.”
- Search for the app you want to uninstall and right-click on it
- Select Options from the menu that appears
- Lastly, click on Uninstall
- Limit the background applications: Some applications automatically start when the system boots up and run in the background. You can limit a few of them to make the PC perform fast. Here’s how to do it.
- Press Ctrl-Shift-Esc to open Task Manager
- Find the application you want to limit from the list of apps that appears
- Right-Click on the app and select start on command
- Add more RAM to the PC: Adding more RAM is a tried and tested method to speed up the PC and keep it snappier for years. Therefore, give your computer a new lease by increasing its RAM.
- Do a virus and spyware check: PC’s, particularly the old ones, are prone to virus attacks. Once a virus enters a computer, it negatively impacts its performance. Your PC might also have been infected by a virus when you were browsing the Internet or downloading any application. Therefore, do a virus and spyware check to get rid of the viruses slowing down your computer. For this purpose, you can take the help of a lightweight and robust antivirus and check out best anti spyware in the market.
- Use a startup SSD: Are you a multitasker who runs several applications at a time or uses many photo and video editing software? If yes, then this tip is especially for you. Consider using a startup SSD to enhance the speed of your PC effortlessly. SSD consumes less power and stores data using flash memory, and this results in increased PC speed. In case you are unable to use an internal SSD, then buy an external drive that connects to your computer with USB 3.0.
- Check the web browser: The web browser you are using can also be the reason for the slow performance of the PC. If you are experiencing time lags while browsing the Internet, then look for alternative web browsers. In addition to this, make sure that you delete all the cache files from the browser as when they accumulate, PC starts performing slowly. If you need steps to clear cache, then here they are for the two most popular browsers.
Deleting Cache in Google Chrome
- Open More Settings
- Select More Tools
- Click on Clear Browsing Data
Deleting Cache in Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Options
- Click on General Tab
- Click on the Browsing History Option
- Select Website Data and Temporary Internet Files
- Click on Delete
- Update all windows drivers: If you are facing speed lags while playing games, watching videos, or using the printer, then the cause is worn out windows drivers. The driver is a communication medium between the computer and hardware, and when you do not keep it updated, your PC takes more time to communicate with the equipment. Therefore, always keep Update Windows Drivers at once.
- Consider using performance troubleshooter: If you are utterly clueless about what is the cause of your PC’s slow speed, then consider using the performance troubleshooter. It will find the main reason for your problem so that you can take corrective measures. To open the troubleshooter, follow the below-mentioned series of steps.
- Open Control Panel
- Search for Troubleshooting
- Run the Performance Troubleshooter to find the root cause of the PC’s slow speed
- Change the power plan: If you are using Windows 10, then you need not worry. It comes with three power plans, namely, balanced, power saver, and high performance. Simply, change the power plan to high performance so that the system can use more power and perform snappily.
Hopefully, the tips mentioned in the post will help you increase the speed of your PC and make it as fast as your life is. I hope your computer works as a brand new model.