Windows 11 is the latest operating system by Microsoft and the company has introduced the new version of the operating system with lots of changes. You can feel the changes everywhere in the operating system as you can see a new user interface along with a centre placed taskbar. Microsoft has also supported Android applications in the windows 11 operating system as well. Just like any other Windows operating system, the latest windows 11 also takes time to shut down and that’s mainly because it is closing all the open applications. It will only shut down after the operating system closes all the applications and programs. However, if you are someone who wants to increase shutdown time in Windows 11 then this article is meant for you as you can able to do some tweaks in the registry of the operating system to increase shutdown time in Windows 11 operating system. So without making any further delay let’s dive into the article to check out the step by step guide.
Steps to increase shutdown time in Windows 11
You can able to increase shutdown time in Windows 11 and the computer will be shut down in a short time and this will enable you to go out of your office a few seconds early. You can able to do the task by following the steps which are listed below.
- First of all, you need to open Registry and that can be done by searching in the search box which will be available on your taskbar.
- After that, navigate to this path: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
- Then you need to double-click on the WaitToKillServiceTimeout key on the right side and on the Value data field, replace 5000 with 2000, then simply click on the Ok button.
- This change will force Windows 11 powered computer to wait to close applications and programs for only 2ms. It is worth mentioning that you don’t set the parameter lower than this, because it will corrupt your essential application data.
- After that, on the Registry Editor you need to navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
- Then right-click on the Desktop folder and select New > String Value. Now you need to name the new String Value as WaitToKillAppTimeOut and double-click on the WaitToKillAppTimeOut key and enter 2000 in the Value data field then click on the Ok button.
- Now right-click on the Desktop key folder again and select New > String Value and name the new String value as HungAppTimeout. Then double-click on the HungAppTimeout key and set 2000 in the Value data field and click on the Ok button.
- You need to right-click on the Desktop key folder again and select New > String Value and name the new String Value as AutoEndTasks. Then double-click on the AutoEndTasks and set 1 in the Value data field and click on the Ok button.
- Once done, restart your computer.
That’s it! This is how you can able to increase shutdown time in Windows 11. If you find any doubts then do let us know in the comments section below. Keep browsing more tutorials on TechnoBugg to make your life easy and comfortable.
Read interesting news, reviews as well as tips & tricks on TechnoBugg website, and stay updated with the latest happenings of the tech world on the go with Technobugg App. Also follow on Google News and join our Telegram channel for the latest updates.