Instagram is one of the best photo-sharing applications out in the market and the same is very attractive as well and millions of people spend lots of time on the platform. The developers of Instagram also work hard to provide maximum satisfaction by implementing new features and improving the design of the user interface.
But Facebook-owned the photo-sharing application having lots of advertisements on the board and we can find the ads in Stories, Feed, and in almost every possible area of the application. Well, if you are someone who feels bad about the advertisements and wants to restrict the same then this article is meant for you. In this article, I will guide you on the way to limit the targeted ads on Instagram and this will help you to minimize the ads while browsing. So without making any further delay let’s dive into the article to check out the guide.
How the targeted ads on Instagram created
Before we get into the solution let’s check out how the ads are being created for you. The answer is simple as the data tracking and collection via Facebook and other third-party applications which are linked to your Facebook and Instagram accounts brings the targeted ads on Instagram while you browse the platform.
How to restrict targeted ads on Instagram
- First of all, open the Facebook app on your smartphone and hit the three horizontal lines.
- Now you need to tap on the Settings & Privacy option, and select ‘Settings’, then find and tap the ‘Ad Preferences’ option.
- Select the ‘Ad Settings’ option and tap on the ‘Data about your activity from partners’
- Now you need to turn off ‘Facebook’ and ‘Instagram’, then hit the ‘Categories used to reach you’.
- Now you need to select the ‘Interest Categories’ and just opt-out of all the Interest Categories and do the same for ‘Other Categories’ as well.
It is worth mentioning that you cannot able to stop the targeted ads on Instagram completely but you can able to minimize the number of advertisements on the board with the above mentioned steps.
Read interesting news, reviews as well as tips & tricks on TechnoBugg website, and stay updated with the latest happenings of the tech world on the go with Technobugg App. Also follow on Google News and join our Telegram channel for the latest updates.