mSpy is a popular spy app that people use to spy on their kids and spouse without them knowing. It is an undetectable app that automatically hides in the target phone’s background hence the phone owner has no idea that there is a spy app installed on it.
Do you doubt your partner or parents are spying on you using the mSpy app? Don’t worry in this article I will show you how to tell if someone is using mSpy on your phone to keep an eye on you. So that you can uninstall mSpy from your phone before it causes privacy concerns.Without wasting any time let’s begin!
What Can mSpy Do?
According to Spydrill’s mSpy review, mSpy can see everything you do on your phone. Moreover, it can track all the activities and records them and then syncs them to the person’s account who is spying on you. Here’s a list of activities that mSpy can track without your permission.
- Call logs and contacts
- Text messages (even the deleted ones)
- GPS location
- Photos and videos stored on your phone
- Social media messages and activity using keylogger and screenshots
- Browser history (including private browsing)
- Block Wifi and apps
How To Tell If Someone Is Using mSpy On Your Phone?
mSpy is an undetectable app because its icon is hidden and it is installed with a fake name, so it’s not possible to detect it easily. However, can you still tell if someone is using mSpy to spy on you.
A spy app is like a regular app but invisible, so it also uses your phone resources like every app does and hence it leaves some signs behind which indicate that your phone might be is under surveillance. Here are some telltale sign that shows you are being monitored using mSpy
Signs That Tell Someone Is Spying On You Using mSpy
- Your phone battery may die more quickly than usual. Although mSpy does not consume as much battery as other spy apps it still consumes a few percent batteries even when your phone is not in use. If you notice battery decline without using your phone then it may be due to mSpy.
- The phone may heat a bit. Since the mSpy app is continuously running in the background it may heat up your phone a bit. If you are using a gaming phone that has a great cooling system then you might not feel it but on a regular phone it can be felt.
- Higher data consumption. mSpy needs the internet to transfer all the recorded data from your phone to its server. So it may consume a lot of data if you have lots of photos and videos stored on your device. Set a data limit on your phone so that whenever more data is consumed you can know about it.
- Phone acts weirapp like mSpy on the target phone for testing then starts acting abnormally sod. I have seen that when I install a spy metimes like the screen freezes or the phone lags and due to the keylogger sometimes the typing of a word on phone is delayed.
If you notice one or more than one sign discussed above then there is a good chance that there might be mSpy installed on it. Don’t worry I will tell you how you can unhide spy app like mSpy and uninstall it from your device.
How To Find mSpy On Your Phone and Remove It?
There are two ways with which you can find a hidden spy app on your phone the first is you use anti-spyware like Bitdefender on your phone and the second one is that you manually find and remove it from your phone.
To find a hidden spy app you must know the fake name with which it is installed. Or else you can tell which one is a spy app and which one is a system app because a spy app is installed with a fake generic name. For example, mSpy is installed with the name “Update Service”.
Once you know the fake name of the spy app you can follow my lead to uninstall it from your device.
- First, go to Settings> Accessibility> Installed Services. Finally, turn off the accessibility settings for mSpy (Update Service).
- Next, go to Settings and find Apps. Here, you need to search for mSpy using its fake name i.e Update Service, and then tap on uninstall to remove mSpy from your phone.
With this, the app will be removed from your phone. If you are not able to locate mSpy on your phone then you can either update your phone to the latest firmware or factory reset your phone. These methods will also help your get rid of the mSpy app on your phone.
Is mSpy Really Invisible? Final Verdict
Yes, mSpy is really invisible because you can’t find its icon in your phone’s app gallery-like regular apps. If you want to find it in the installed apps list on your phone then also you cannot detect it because it is disguised as some system app.
However, if you use a good anti-spy then you can easily unhide mSpy on your phone. Moreover, if you know the fake name under which mSpy or any other app is hidden then you can easily remove it from your cell phone.
Is mSpy Hidden?
Yes, mSpy is hidden automatically upon installation on the target cell phone.
What Is mSpy Disguisied As?
mSpy is hidden under the name of Update Service.
Does mSpy Need Rooting?
No, mSpy can work well without rooting the target device.