Did you come here searching for the top 10 Bitcoin holders in the world? If yes, then you have hurdled upon the right article. Here you will be acquainted with all Bitcoin holders who are standing at the top of the world today. This crypto, ever since its debut in 2009, has made turned investors from rags into riches, and anyone who has ever heard of Bitcoin, atleast for once, has dreamt of owning one or two, now that its prices are breaking the charts and hovering around $60K.
- Satoshi Nakamoto: The mysterious founder of Bitcoin himself, Satoshi Nakamoto is estimated being an owner of 1.1 Million Bitcoins. An amount of $40 Billion rests in his hand if the worth of each Bitcoin today is $36,000. In accordance with recent reports, he has neither used nor added any Bitcoin earnings, as every transaction he would make would be recorded in public ledgers, publicly revealing his anonymous identity since the last decade.
- Bulgaria: Bulgaria currently owns large Bitcoin prime assets enough to quarterly clear the National debt. They got hold of an immense sum when few crimes were cracked down as criminals had adapted ways to prevent tax paying.
- BitFinex: 163,133 Bitcoins are present in the accounts of BitFinex. To keep Bitcoin safe from cyber-attacks and criminals, all its assets are stored inside cold wallets, completely detached from any internet or networking.
- FBI: In the year 2013, FBI got hold of 144,000 Bitcoins which was owned by “dark web drug bazaar.” After the establishment of “Silk Road,” the amount rose to 9.5 Million on the website, fraction of which was sold by FBI.
- The Winklevoss Twins: The Winklevoss Twins with 11 Million US Dollar, bought 1.5 Million Bitcoins in 2013, with the value at that time being just 120 USD. Now, I will leave calculations up to you of how much they own.
- Gavin Andresen: Gavin Andresen is considered being the prime figure and celebrity of Bitcoin. Speculations were that he was Nakamoto, but by the end of 2010, he officially became the successor of real Satoshi Nakamoto.
- Roger Ver: Being known as the Jesus of Bitcoin, Roger Ver is the first Bitcoin Billionaire. He has spent his cash for achieving his dreams, setting up his country, and now he could be possessing $2.8B, just in Bitcoin assets.
- Barry Silbert: Barry Silbert founded his digital currency group and is The Capitalist. He adapted Bitcoins in the early years. He earned his wallet 48,000 Bitcoins in an auction, which is worth around $1.8B in current value.
- Charlie Shrem: One Bitcoin Millionaire who invested chunks of cash in the early days of crypto. The number of Bitcoin he possesses isn’t disclosed publicly, but he had purchased Bitcoins during times when its value was low.
- Tony Gallippi: Tony Gallippi is an entrepreneur and business giant who holds considerable shares of Bitcoin and other crypto-assets. Today, his company BitPay is one of the leading service providers in the world for Bitcoins.
Listed above are the top 10 Bitcoin holders of the world. The value of each Bitcoin is increasing day by day, ever since it was developed in 2009 as an open-source software. If you find the article worthwhile, then do like and share the same.