With the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2018 underway, Lenovo has officially taken the wraps off “E-Class Chromebook”. The new devices were designed to be tough enough to survive students’ rough handling and have rubber bumpers, reinforced hinges, and mechanically anchored keyboards.
Lenovo 500e is a convertible Chromebook that comes with a pressure sensitive pen stored in a built-in compartment. It has a 5-megapixel world-facing camera which makes it easier to take pics of the board, their experiments, and activities. The convertible is powered by an Intel Celeron processor, has an 8GB RAM, a 64GB storage, and an 11.6-inch HD touchscreen display.
The 300e, is available as a Chromebook or as a Windows 10 device, is also a laptop-tablet hybrid. 300e for Windows has pen support, but it doesn’t come with its own stylus like the 500e. The Windows version is powered by Intel Apollo Lake and has an 8-hour battery life, while the Chromebook version is powered by a MediaTek MTK 8173C processor and can run for 10 hours. This Chromebook gains Lenovo’s patented Enhanced Touch system, an evolution of the AnyTouch system first designed for the company’s Yoga tablets.
Lenovo 100e, the most basic model among the three Chromebooks, is available as a Windows machine. It’s purely a laptop that runs on Intel Celeron and has an 11.6-inch display. Built with the same standard of quality and ruggedness with rubber bumpers plus reinforced ports, hinges, keys and a spill-resistant keyboard.
Lenovo 100e will be available in Windows and Chrome OS, starting at $219. Lenovo 300e will be available with Windows or Chrome OS, starting at $269. Lenovo 500e Chromebook will be available starting at $309.
Lenovo 500e Chromebook Highlights:
- Lenovo 500e Chromebook is a new design featuring an 11.6-inch HD IPS display with Gorilla Glass
- Includes a pressure sensitive pen that is conveniently stored in a built-in compartment
- 5MP world-facing camera makes it easier to record and take pictures in the correct orientation from all four modes.
- Powered by an Intel Celeron N3450 processor with up to 8GB RAM and 64GB storage
- Up to 10 hours battery life and weighs 2.97 pounds (1.35kg)
Lenovo 300e Highlights:
- Lenovo 300e is available with Windows 10 or Google’s Chrome OS
- Lenovo 300e (Windows model), features Intel Apollo Lake processors
- Lenovo 300e Chromebook is powered by MediaTek MTK 8173C processor
- The multi-mode form factor offers users flexibility to work in whichever mode suits the task at hand
- An improved ten-point multi-touch display provides a better interactive experience
- Up to 8 hours battery life on Windows model and up to 10 hours on Chrome OS model
- Weight from 3 pounds (1.35kg) with an 11.6-inch HD IPS display
- Windows model includes pen support
Lenovo 100e Highlights:
- Lenovo 100e is available with Windows 10 or Google’s Chrome OS
- Features an Intel Celeron N3350 processor
- Up to 10 hours battery life and weighs just 2.7 pounds (1.22kg)
- 6-inch HD anti-glare display