Recently, we got two leaks that the Galaxy Note FE is going to launch on 7th July in Korea. One by Wall Street Journal & other by leaked teaser photo. But surprisingly Samsung announced the Galaxy Note FE today. As expected it is launched in Korea only. There are some changes in the phone as compared to original Galaxy Note 7, which seems to be legit & very good. So let’s have a look at them.
The main difference in the phone is in terms of battery. The battery capacity of Galaxy Note FE is 3200mAh while the original Note 7 has 3500mAh. Well this move is completely legit as battery was the main cause of original Galaxy Note 7’s blasts. But this time Samsung has gone through the 8 step battery safety test that was launched before the launch of Galaxy S8/S8+. This phone comes preloaded with Android 7.0 nougat out of the box with Samsung’s experience UI along with Samsung’s AI Bixby, same as the Galaxy S8/S8+.
Other specs of Galaxy Note FE are exactly same as the original one:
- Exynos 8890 octa core processor with Mali-T880 MP12 GPU.
- 5.7” 1440 Quad HD AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass 5 on top.
- 4GB RAM & 64GB internal storage with sdcard support upto 256GB.
- 12MP Rear Camera with f1.7 lens, OIS, LED flash & 5MP Front Camera with f1.7 lens.
- Dust & waterproof with IP68 certification.
- Galaxy Note series’s S-Pen.
- USB Type C port along with Samsung’s Adaptive Fast Charging.
- Iris scanner, fingerprint sensor, heart rate sensor, and all other basic sensors.
- Dual band WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, 4G LTE, and all other basic connectivity options.
- Available in four different colours: Black Onyx, Blue Coral, Gold Platinum, Silver Titanium.
Samsung is planning to sell 400,000 units of Galaxy Note FE in Korea. As of now we don’t have any information whether it will be available in other countries or not. Pricing and availability details of this phone is given below:
- It is priced at 699,600 Won (approx. $611 , INR 39,500).
- It will be available starting 7th July in Korean Samsung stores.
- A case with same colour will be available for free.
Samsung has mentioned that this phone is made up of the remaining materials of Galaxy Note 7, except batteries. So seems like Samsung made this phone only for Galaxy Note series fans. But we doubt that it will launch somewhere else, as the Galaxy Note 8 is launching very soon. So stay tuned with us for more information.