- Vodafone users can now make and receive calls on Apple Watch.
- It is powered by the e-Sim facility of the wearable.
- The service is available in the selected circles only.
Are you an Apple Watch user? Then we have a piece of great news for you, as the very popular telecom operator, Vodafone has enabled a new functionality that will allow you to go out without your iPhone and the same will allow you to make and receive calls directly on your wrist.
Vodafone now allows you to use your mobile number on the Apple Watch and this is achieved with the help of e-Sim connectivity. Having said that, this functionality will be available for only the postpaid users which means the prepaid users will not able to utilize the new option of the telecom operator.
Speaking about the availability of the feature, it is currently available only in Mumbai, Delhi, and Gujarat circles but it will be expanded to more parts of the country in the coming weeks.
How to activate the feature
To use the new facility you need to carry out some steps which you can able to know below.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone and start pairing the Watch and iPhone.
- Once both devices are paired then tap on the submit button.
- Now sign in with your Apple ID and password and create a passcode for the Apple Watch.
- You need to tap on the setup mobile data option to share the postpaid number and plan with the wearable.
- Then just enter your mobile number and confirm.
It is worth mentioning that you must have an iPhone 6s or above which is running on the new version of the operating system and if you didn’t update software then you can update it manually by heading to the settings app of the phone.